Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Is it worth the money? I say yes. I think the MBA is worth every penny, but ultimately the decision is yours - I just wanted to respond to the previous posts.

MW Perry - Yes, the battery is built in - but, big deal! I travel a lot - and guess what? I have never carried a battery - never! Not even with my 17" Dell that has a battery life of 2.5 hours or less. I carry various power cords - but no extra battery - there are too many places to connect to worry about a spare battery.

So, getting 3.5 - 5 hours of use out of the MBA has been a nice change for me - now I only need to plug in half as much!

MagnumMan - you post a lengthy review and don't even own an MBA - WTF? Are you serious? You use an MBA for half a day or less and write a review on it? Give me a break!

Let me start at your first asterisk -
* if your power cord didn't sit flush enough, then you didn't have it plugged in correctly - do you really think Apple would design something like that? Mine works like a charm on any flat surface - AND it even stays plugged in when I am moving around on my couch with the MBA on my lap (which surprised me).
*The USB and DVI are behind a door - it is not as flimsy as you say -first, it is a METAL door, second I just tried to pull mine off the hinges with my fingers - and it made my fingers blue - is that flimsy to you? Seems pretty well built to me...
In addition, Apple has designed the MBA to be used wirelessly - via WiFi - so the need to even open this door except to get to headphones (which could be wireless via bluetooth) is rare - for me anyways. Use it as it is designed - I didn't even buy a drive with mine - because I use the SuperDrive wirelessly (via WiFi) on my Mac Mini to install software, watch video's etc.
*plugging in more than one device - as mentioned earlier - it is designed to be a wireless device.
*Photoshop works OK for me - it was slow the first time I started it - but subsequent startups are OK - this is inherent to the way Leopard uses cache and is that way on almost all machines.
*I am getting 3.5 - 5 hours out of a charge, depending on use - and I have my power setting on 'performance' - I imagine if I moved my setting up two to 'energy saving', I would see even more time.
*I haven't had any problems with my wireless - I have even taken both Dell and MBA to places to see any difference - and the MBA is actually more sensitive (it can see networks the Dell can't).
*As mentioned earlier, if you want a SuperDrive buy a different Mac - this one is designed to be used wirelessly.
*I haven't played any games on mine, and don't plan on any - I play games on my Xbox 360 - not on my laptop.

MagnumMan, I do agree with your 'up side' - I just don't agree with your 'down side'.

In summary - do I think this laptop is worth the money? Depends on what you are looking for. For me, it has been WELL worth the money. But I was looking for something designed like this. I was looking for a light portable device with good WiFi.
asked by J. McWhirter on February 26, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
I don't own one, but I've extensively researched it online and "played" with it at BestBuy.

If you need a compact, advanced, wireless laptop then I don't see how you could go wrong here. With VMFusion or Paralells, you can even run Windoze on it without rebooting. This is a sweet piece of technology.
Kort answered on February 29, 2008
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product