I would like to buy my own modem. I have internet and cable with TWC. My phone is an OOMA, will my phone work with the SB5101U?
asked by Donald Rideout on November 5, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
Yes it will.. I also have TWC and use that modem. My OOMA is working fine.
Drew answered on November 6, 2012

A
vote
No. This modem does not have a phone connection
Ed Touz answered on November 11, 2012

A
votes
I use magic jack and it works fine. I think they are basicaly they are the same thing.
mary answered on November 5, 2012

A
votes
Yes. You will need to also buy a splitter and 2 short coaxil cables. Your phone will continue to use the TMC modem. Once you have the the new modem set up, call Customer Service to give them the new MAC # which is printed on the modem box. Because there is no option to purchase the phone modem, you will not be charged the monthly rental. This information is on the TWC website, though you need to look for it. Good luck!
Kathy B. answered on November 6, 2012

A
votes
This is one of the TWC recommended modems so it should. It's very simple to set up. I bought one for myself and one for my Mom. So far so good. Good luck. Per the reviewer below, if you have phone service with TWC as well, you will need to get a splitter.
RidleyNY answered on November 6, 2012

A
votes
yes. i have same set up. run it direct from a switch or a router. i forgot my config but it is either from a switch the first stop after the SB5101 or a router coming off the switch. TW cable to SB5101 then to Switch then to Router thats how I am hooked up. I have 2 routers.
mower for my home answered on November 19, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›