I would not sell or buy this book of lies and proaganda.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 121 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 28, 2009 7:01:10 AM PDT
Carol2u says:
More right wing propaganda

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 7:05:09 AM PDT
Pecos Bill says:
We are all proud of you for not owning or operating a bookstore.

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 7:35:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2009 4:55:11 PM PDT
Ms. Ethridge... Ma'am, with all due respect, all you have to do... to successfully debunk this book... is to provide verifiable facts there are falsehoods, misinformation, misrepresentations and distortions within Mrs Malkin's book. Plain and simple. Provide your "proof and evidence" for all to see within this forum!!! Once that is successfully accomplished... you would have succeded in proving your claims, as well as, "your opinion intellectually" and "devoid of politics"...

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 8:00:12 AM PDT
It's really amazing to me how there have now been hundreds of accusations that this book is "full of lies," and yet NOT ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE IS EVER GIVEN.

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 9:59:29 AM PDT
Wow, Carol Ethridge, "Book Lover." She has written two whole book reviews here. January 2007 and February 2009. This does not sound like a very passionate love affair -- meaning her love affair with books. And now she devotes FOUR WHOLE WORDS to Michelle Malkin's titanic effort: MORE RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA.

Carol, I think you need to get out of the house more often. You know, like go out and talk to some ordinary Americans who don't think that "freedom" is RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA --- and neither is individual responsibility.

I would put it to you this way: life is meant to be lived, not turned into an eternal political charade. It's your life: YOU decide how much time you want to spend studying, YOU decide what kind of work you want to do. YOU pick your husband, or life partner, and YOU make the decisions about your life.

You could, of course, try to turn all these decisions over to government bureaucrats, but then YOU wouldn't have a life of your own any more.

Oh, and just by the way, you also failed "The Astroturf Test!" You didn't mention one thing in Michelle Malkin's book!!!

How do you feel about that?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2009 1:41:23 AM PDT
S. P. Hoyt says:
Carol E. Good choice. You do not have the intelligence to read the book, do the research or make an evaluation of what is true or not.

I'm glad you choose to opt out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2009 10:25:55 AM PDT
Geoff Puterbaugh, Excellent post.

Geoff Putterbaugh and Joseph Romero Jr. you are both outstanding!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2009 11:43:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2009 2:50:18 PM PDT
Ms. Michelle (from Queens, NY)...Thank you Ma'am. I agree, Mr. Puterbaugh is so very outstanding. However, I'm just following in his, Mr. Gwaltney's, S. P. Hoyt's, DosLady's, Ms. Juanita E. Estrada's, Reader in Matawan, "Yours"... and so many other's shadow.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2009 2:09:21 PM PDT
Mr. Romero is too modest! Heck, he thought up this whole idea of calling the one-star, one-sentence reviewers, and in my opinion it was a great idea. Note especially that they usually don't reply, which tells me that their entire job was to (a) create an Amazon ID if necessary (b) write something bad about this book, and (c) send it in. Job over. Next job?

PJTV has a really hilarious/shocking video about a guy named Steve Crowder who went underground, and was actually offered a salary of $33,400 per year (plus benefits) to be an Astroturf man.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2009 3:46:17 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 4:08:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 29, 2009 4:08:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2009 4:26:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2009 2:51:53 PM PDT
Sir or Ma'am... interesting first initial and surname. Your post..."The best kind the Left Wing stuff is too gay for my tastes."

You might be trying to be humorous, but I'm not sure I get your intellectual point. Please understand I do not condone or tolerate disrespect, insults, name-calling or racism of any kind to anyone. Even those... and especially those...who have opposing political views. That is just not "fair or right". Furthermore, those of "alternate lifestyles" are free to live their lives as such. It is their own choice and free will to do so. I do not judge people's lifestyles.

The United States of America is a land of opporuntity and diversity. Although I may or may not agree with a person's lifestyle, I nonetheless respect their right to live as they desire, as long as they do so legally and responsibly. Thank you for your post, please respect mine. But of course you would not consider mine to be of a contributory nature. Just as I don't believe yours is as well. Good luck and GOD BLESS....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 5:04:45 AM PDT
M. S. Betts says:
Ms. Etheridge - You should stick to fictional works. It is painfully obvious that you are enthralled with it and that you wouldn't want facts to get in the way of a good read or a good speech. After all, why drink a fine vintage wine when Kool-Aid is much more refreshing?

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 6:54:20 AM PDT
quincygtg says:
I have not read the book, and do not intend to read the book. The question to be answered is: Is Obama getting the job done NOW? I think the FACTS are pretty clear that he is. No President, none, has inherited such a mess from a previous administration that has set the standard for incompetence and lies. (There are so many other adjectives that could be added that it makes no sense listing them all.) I look forward to the eventual special prosecuters, that will come, to investigate the Bush administration and the level of corruption that existed - and has lead to over 4000 service men and women dying needlessly - to say nothing of the tens of thousands of civilian deaths. (Need I go on?!)
Barak Obama is delivering on what the majority of Americans elected him to do, without an ounce of support from the right (better named "the wrong"). Your 401 k balances have begun to go up (after they crashed under Bush), the economy has been brought back from the brink of disaster, and there will be health care reform - with a public option, despite the hotting and hollering of the neocons and others. Books like Ms. Malkins are useful in that they allow the terribly defeated and unorganized right to blow off a little steam.

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 7:11:32 AM PDT
M. S. Betts says:
If you have not read the book nor intend to, perhaps you'll have to pardon me for dismissing anything you have to post about it as it is quite literally the Voice of Ignorance. Dubyah is gone and so is his administration. And let's not forget that Malkin was very critical of that bunch, too.

As a libertarian conservative I have the luxury of being an equal-opportunity politician basher. I was extremely disappointed with Bush but because I read books like this one and actually study the issues, voting records, and associations of the candidates I can't say that I'm surprised at the mendacity and corruption of the present administration.

Have another glass of Kool-Aid.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 7:16:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2009 7:20:10 AM PDT
Well, "quincygtg," you managed to hit just about all of your "talking points." The question would appear to be whether you ever actually think things through for yourself, or just parrot what others say. Let me just quickly mention two of your points:

1. That "huge mess" left behind by Bush just seems to get huger with every passing week. For your information, the root of the economic problem was a housing bubble. (Yes or no?) This very unfortunate bubble was made much worse by a lot of smarty-pants Ph.D's on Wall Street who invented a whole new world of derivatives. (Yes or no?) Now, sit back and think: aside from the venerable American tradition of blaming recessions on the guy in the White House (not always rational in itself), just how did George Bush cause (a) the housing bubble or (b) the disastrous derivatives?? Shouldn't you be looking, just a little tiny bit, at Freddy Mac and Fannie Mae, among the main pushers of Problem (a)? Have you considered actually educating yourself about this? May I suggest The Housing Boom and Bust for your reading pleasure?

2. The war in Iraq --- how quickly Democrats forget!!! Are you not aware that Clinton had already pushed through a bill saying that the United States was committed to regime change in Iraq? That's right, B-I-L-L C-L-I-N-T-O-N, who of course ran one of the cleanest administrations in world history. And, beyond that, the war in Iraq was supported by both parties and both houses of Congress --- in fact, it was supported by over a dozen nations. The real surprise in this story was that the Democrats decided to change their minds three months into the game. Why? Did they have a moral problem? No. They smelled a political opportunity. May I suggest Party of Defeat for your reading pleasure?

Also, just by the way, haven't you even noticed that all the screaming about Iraq STOPPED the minute Obama was sworn in, even though B-A-R-A-C-K O-B-A-M-A is continuing ALL of the Bush policies in Iraq without even a smidgen of change?? You see, this makes impartial observers wonder if all the screaming about Iraq was really just a bunch of hypocritical whining, in an attempt to regain political power. That is to say, that the Democrats would put themselves in a position perilously close to treason, cutting off support from a Commander In Chief at war with a fascist, just because they wanted the White House back?

I mean, really --- you haven't noticed that nobody is counting the number of dead bodies under the Obama Administration????? Believe me, American military are still dying, it's just that the Democrats won and they suddenly don't care any more.

I will add a third point. NONE of this has anything to do with Michelle Malkin's book. It's all the traditional red herring. Point out that Obama got a million bucks in pork for the University of Chicago, at the same time (golly gee whiz!) that his wifie Michelle got a salary bump from $100k to $500k, and see the reaction from people like you: "BOOOSH!!! CHENEY!!! IRAQ!!! Democrats good, Republicans bad!!!"

Do you have any thoughts about the SEIU goons beating up Mr. Gladney? Or is that already down the memory hole?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 7:53:31 AM PDT
quincygtg says:
In response to both Geoff Puterbaugh, and secondarily M.S. Betts:
Mr. Puterbaugh, in response to your points:
1. The "bubble" occured due to the lessening and outright refusal of the Bush administration to have goveernment oversight of over these "capitalistic" institutions. (I am not opposed to capitalism, but because there are cheats and liars that play the game, some oversight in necessary. Unbriddled capitalism has NEVER functioned as many "experts" theoretically say it should.)
2. There is a difference in supporting regime change and the unprovoked invasion of another soverign country. I disagreed with the Democrats that supported going to war, as I saw it clearly as a matter of W using the US military to even a score with a dictator that tried to kill W's father. The major part of the malfeasance was the incompetence with which the war effort was executed once we were in it.
3. And to claim that President Obama is continuing the policies of the Bush administration regarding the execution of the war is just flat out wrong. Serveral examples: There have already been troops withdrawn, and a timeline has been set for withdrawing all combat military - two big issues the Bush administration was against.

As for M.S.Betts, it is unclear to me how my post is "the Voice of Ignorance" just because it is not about Ms. Malkin's book. Such diatribe is the convienent refuge of one who cannot argue on the merits/facts, but must descend into name-calling.

In closing, a few of problems I have with the right/Republicans are: It has become the party of "No"; it uses fear-mongering as its key strategic tactic; it cannot acknowledge that it was pummeled in the 2008 elections (and will be so again in 2010 because of their obstructionistic ways); and they have no interest in working together to try and improve the America that we are all a part of. (As an example, Rush Limbaugh, the Republican Party leader by default, has publically stated that he hopes Obama fails, even knowing it would hurt the country even more. There's patriotism for ya!)

I prefer to focus on what can and is being done that is good. I am not so sure about the time and energy of special prosecuters, etc. - but I have the feeling it is coming. Personally, I prefer we all talk more, even if we disagree, and work together to improve a country that we know can become even better and more awesome - for Americans and the world.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 8:08:08 AM PDT
This hysterical posting contains so many lies it's laughable, but it's completely off-topic. Quincy baby, I don't do political flame wars. Consider yourself on "ignore," dude. (Seems fair to me, since you ignored everything I wrote.)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 8:23:45 AM PDT
quincygtg says:
So be it. Your response is the typical right/Republican response - when you cannot shout them down and the facts do not support your claims, you just "take your ball and go home". I am unclear on how I did not respond ("ignored everything I wrote") to your points.

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 8:41:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2009 8:45:17 AM PDT
M. S. Betts says:
quincy - Sorry to have offended you with a fact again, but I was laboring under the apparently mistaken notion that this thread was about the book. If it isn't, then I'll feel free to refute your last bit of balderdash.

1. No small part of the housing "bubble" resulted from the Clinton Administration policy of forcing lenders to make bad loans to people who had no ability to manage what little money they had, much less keep up with a mortgage which would impoverish a Rockefeller. Of course, the lenders saw it as a fine way to sell a house, foreclose on the mortgage, and then sell it again and again with similar results.

2. Any REAL conservative excoriates Bush for the Iraq fiasco (BTW, read Thomas Ricks' book of that title. It's excellent.) and deplores any such foreign misadventure.

3. The troops being withdrawn from Iraq (a situation which will degenerate into factional infighting just as soon as we are gone) are now being redeployed to Afghanistan, where we will again do the blind elephant destroying a lot of things in search of a flea as we did in Vietnam.

As for the "fear-mongering", it would take but little perusal of Obama's pronouncements to find fear-mongering of a sort which would make Bush blush. The net result has been an unfortunate series of legislative rushes to judgement, every one of them in a contravention of Obama's hollow campaign promise to have at least 5 days of discussion and input before Congress votes on matters of importance.

You may bet your bottom dollar that as We the People challenge what has happened to OUR government, the DOJ will crank up the prosecution apparatus and do their best to fill the headlines with something other than "town hell" meetings. As a student of history and politics, I will flatly aver that we should call these prosecutions what they will be - diversionary attacks. The ignorant (please accept that as a descriptive and not a perjorative) will jump right on that instead of paying attention to what is happening in the here and now.

Read the book and if you still feel that Ms. Malkin did a hatchet job on Obama and Company, then by all means give us a point-by-point and well-documented refutation of anything she has written.

In short, it's put up or shut up time.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 8:53:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2009 10:09:30 AM PDT
I wish I could have responded to the posts provided by "quincygtg"...BUT... M. S. Betts and Mr. (Geoff) Puterbaugh have said it all and done a wonderful job of asking for fact and not fiction. There is nothing I can add to their excellent posts and responses.

However, just one minute point..."quicncygtg" opines....."So be it. Your response is the typical right/Republican response - when you cannot shout them down and the facts do not support your claims, you just "take your ball and go home". I am unclear on how I did not respond ("ignored everything I wrote") to your points.".....

My question is quite simple, "what facts" are you referring to that supports "your claims since you "admitingly" did not read Mrs Malkin's book"?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 9:19:28 AM PDT
M.S. Betts: "diversionary attacks" --- or show trials? :-0

I am sorry to learn that I am not a "real conservative." Where do I return my card? :-)

Although, I do feel like explaining my own point of view. I am a former Peace Corps volunteer, and I've lived in many different countries around the world. But particularly in Iran (say) --- one question began to occur to me over and over again. What does the civilized world do about Evil Governments? The examples are really too numerous to count; Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia spring to mind, as well as Pol Pot's Cambodia.

Well, Cambodia, Iraq, and Zimbabwe might do for now. When we see a monstrously evil government in the process of slaughtering its own citizens --- and constantly starting wars with its neighbors (Iraq) --- what, if anything, should we do? Should we sit back and do nothing, rely on isolationism and pacifism, and wait for the reproaches of future historians? My own thinking led me to at least partially favor the idea of setting up a U.N. Protectorate in such countries --- that is, go into Zimbabwe, take out the monster Mugabe, and then establish a protectorate which would permit genuinely free elections.

When I learned that this was essentially the Bush plan for Saddam Hussein and Iraq, I became very interested and supportive. This had nothing to do with oil, you understand: it was entirely a question of the 500,000 Iraqis already murdered by Saddam Hussein --- and, despite all the rhetoric directed against Boosh --- I have yet to read a single word by anyone who laments the passing of that piece of (expletive deleted).

So I guess, according to you, I have to turn in my Conservative Card. I would be happy to do so, although in fact I am an independent. I think I will remain so forever, because bitter experience has convinced me that going too far down the road with the Democrats leads you to a President who appoints Communist advisors --- it leads to Marxism --- while going too far down the road with Republicans leads you to prayer breakfasts with born-again evangelicals and Christ Jesus. A few decades back, a Frenchman named Revel wrote a book called "Without Marx or Jesus." What a fine idea for a political party in America!!

Hope is the thing with feathers....

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 3:51:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2009 4:59:31 PM PDT
This is just too good to pass up.....

1. Mr. Shaman Bob... a 1 star reviewer... is alleging the need for an "INVESTIGATION" at the "NYT" because of the "undisputed fact" Mrs. Malkin's book is #1, for the FIFTH WEEK IN A ROW!

2. Not to mention Mr. or Ms. Redshift1... who also believes there is a conspiracy at "AMAZON", (book is at #8) because of all the 5 star book reviews which have been submitted.

3. Now we have Mr. David A. Glazer... who opines in his discussion post... "bulk sales"....."typical of the right-wing propoganda effort, malkin's publisher buys thousands of copies, in effect gaming the system. same for coulter, goldberg, morris, ingraham, etc. notice that you'll have no problem getting free copies of these bound and printed feces by joining one of those intellectual websites of the right....ha, ha, ha".....

Again in my view, another political intellectual who loves to use the word "feces" in his written opinion instead of providing any verifiable evidence of his claims. The fact of the matter is the book is flying off the bookshelves of some bookstores, not to mention on Amazon itself and the far-left is green with envy.

After 338 customer reviews of the book, as well as the results of the nyt best-seller list (five weeks in a row), the above individuals, as well as other "far-left book reviewers", are all "making excuses for the overall success of Mrs Malkin's book". It appears no one wants to give honest and intellectual credit to Mrs Malkin for a very well-researched and resourced book, which is abound with verifiable facts no one has disproven.

God forbid anyone be truly honest and attempt to disprove any of her facts as false. Furthermore, they do not discredit her book with any verifiable facts they themselves have discovered. They present no detailed examples of any misinformation, falsehoods or distortions, just ridiculous political diatribes, rants, raves and conspiracy theories.

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 5:25:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2009 5:29:05 PM PDT
M. S. Betts says:
Mr Puterbaugh - I would only question your conservative credentials were I certain of what sort of conservative you are. If you are of the Neo-Con sort conjured up in the Bush era, by all means declare yourself to be so in order for me to attack on two axis simultaneously. Calling the Bush/Cheney regime conservative is to give the appellation a bad name and damn REAL conservatives. The invasion of Iraq is analogous to finding another man in bed with your wife, giving chase, but losing him - so you punch out the fellow down the street because he's slower but a known troublemaker who beats his wife and his neighbors so nobody likes him anyway.

While sic semper tyrannus via a noose or a bullet in the head is admirable, our doing it to Saddam Hussein was as grave an error as the invasion itself. Were the Iraqi people truly fed up with living under his thumb they would have revolted en masse and I'd have had not the least bit of a problem with our furnishing them the arms and training they would have needed to prevail. However, Colin Powell had it absolutely right when he called the "leaders" of the Iraqi opposition "Rolex-wearing, Rolls-Royce-riding dilettantes" more interested in lining their pockets with American money than mounting a serious threat to Hussein's regime. All in all, the notion of stuffing democracy down the throats of those who have not the slightest notion of what it is strikes me as not only oxymoronic but moronic, period. If you'd care to substitute "hubristic" instead, that's fine with me.

I was also in the Corps - only it was the Marine Corps, where I attained the majestic rank of Sergeant before I was old enough to vote or drink legally in most places. I got that third stripe in Vietnam and I still wear my ribbons proudly even if I later discovered that our government had systematically lied to all of us about what was going on there. We have nothing comparable to an Iraq war version of the Pentagon Papers as yet so we will have to await the verdict of later generations to find out the truth behind the claim of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. It was either an outright lie or a massive intelligence failure - take your pick. Neither reflects well on us, does it?

As I noted before, I am a libertarian conservative and as such I believe that the least government is the best government. Of course, this makes the current course of our government an anathema to me and that it is why I think that every American should read Ms. Malkin's book to see who is taking us down this road to ruin and maybe then they will understand how and why it is happening. Liars, cheats, and thieves make for poor governance at any level and Ms. Malkin's book presents a thus far unrefuted rogues' gallery of them at the highest levels.

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 5:36:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2009 5:38:01 PM PDT
M. S. Betts says:
Mr. Romero - Your riposte was well-reasoned, but somewhat irrelevant insofar as sales being a measure of the worth of the book. Mein Kampf was quite possibly the most turgid drivel ever written and it was a best-seller in Germany. While I confess that I know little about book sales, it would seem to me that the content of the pages is much more important in judging a book's worth than the number of copies sold.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  34
Total posts:  121
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies
Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies by Michelle Malkin (Audio CD - September 1, 2009)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (778)