Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
i am a writer and i need to know if i can dictate a book to this software.
asked by sanford heath on February 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 answers
A
IM not a writer just want it for letters Can I just do that ? And doe's it help with spelling? Can you tell.
Rebecca Pitcher answered on September 24, 2014
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How many licenses come with the product? I have two PCS that I use.
Michael S. answered on January 16, 2014
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
http://www.flickr.com/photos/little_pooky/10578881796/ All versions of Dragon NaturallySpeaking use the same voice recognition engine. Here is the demonstration that I created to show a friend using Dragon Medical 2 (most expensive) edition. You have to speak quite clearly, but it does work, even with an "accent." But basically all of them are the same. To see what each version can, and cannot do, see http://www.nuance.com/ucmprod/groups/dragon/@web-enus/documents/collateral/nc_025214.pdf
Wtin Jalanugraha answered on January 4, 2014
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
is this Mac compatible?
Todd Smith answered on December 2, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, but if your work requires heavy formatting, it's best to dictate raw text and clean it up afterwards. The time it takes to train may vary. I bought the product a few weeks ago and am still working at it, but I haven't used it every day.

If you are a fast typist, typing is always going to be faster, but sometimes it's nice to take a break and read, especially if you need to reproduce large amounts of text that aren't in electronic form or easily OCR-able.
NYer answered on September 26, 2013
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am also a writer (of fantasy novels). Yes, you can easily dictate a book with this software. It has learned all of my made-up names and places. My editor has certainly enjoyed at my "ate and eight" and "their and there" mistakes. It has trouble with homonyms, but easily understands my fictional names and places. You may find it's an adjustment to say punctuation aloud while dictating, but you'll get used to it. Sometimes I slip and find myself saying "period" after a sentence in everyday conversation.
T2 answered on September 19, 2013
Comment (1) | 24 of 25 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Without knowing if your book will include technical/professional language or foreign words... The most I can suggest is that it can reduce your need to type and help to force you to think in complete sentences.
Phred answered on March 21, 2013
Comment | 15 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 13, 2013 12:53:09 PM PDT]

A
Yes, that is actually why I purchased it :)
Nancy C. Dutton answered on February 4, 2013
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, you can. Once you learn the commands, then you should have no problem.
Margaret A. Lahner answered on February 3, 2013
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product