can I copy movies from xfinity to the digital player and then watch them on my tv in the rv? I want to download movies from xfinity on the computer to the digital player and then watch the recorded movies on my tv in the rv? Is that possible?
asked by Billy W. Harp on June 28, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
vote
No, not with this unit. There is another version that includes a 1TB hard drive that you can save files on. That being said, it all depends on what you mean by "copy movies from xfinity" Do you mean Xfinity's on demand service? then NO you cannot do this. Xfinity only allows you to use their app via your computer or mobile device (ie iPad) to view their videos and you must be connected to the internet. If you wish to watch video files in your RV you need to find a way to get the actual physical files by buying them from iTunes, or ... other means - including ripping them yourself... or... (ahem... bittorrent) .. and then bringing them onto the RV with you via a portable HDrive or similar. If you get movies from iTunes remember you will need a computer with iTunes on it to play those files, etc... do to digital rights management software (security). The best answer is to rip them yourself, but this isn't the simplest thing to do ...
CMad answered on July 27, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›