20 year or 10 year warranty? The Cuisinart website states that the Elite 14-cup food processor has a 20 year with 3 yr. limited warranty, but the Amazon description states in two places that it has a 10 year with 3 yr. limited. Which company is right? I would think Cuisinart's website is correct.
asked by Anonymous on January 21, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
vote
My husband just ordered the Elite 14 cup for me from amazon and it came with 20 year warranty. I think the Amazon website is mis-taken
Kim Griffith answered on February 17, 2011

A
votes
True, but Cuisinart's website is also more expensive for the same product. I wonder if they're just tacking on an extra 10 years to justify the cost?
Christina's Mommy answered on January 31, 2011

A
votes
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the extra expense, so the extra 10 years. Makes sense. I decided against this one in favor of a BPA-free food processor from Hamilton Beach. I really wanted to have the graduated size slicing feature of the Cuisinart Elite, but with grandchildren, I don't want BPA plastic. Cuisinart answered my email and told me that Target's Giada Food Processor is also BPA-free. So now we have morphed into a different discussion, but I hope the info about BPA is helpful.
Anonymous answered on February 1, 2011

A
votes
Thank you, Kim. The website probably is mistaken. Enjoy your new food processor!
Anonymous answered on February 17, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›