Can you run Microsoft word on this laptop?
asked by Ronaldregean on March 29, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
No, a Chromebook only operates the Google Chrome browser. It will not run Microsoft Word (or office) per se as you cannot "install" the software. However, there are many web-based options to manipulate Word documents. First, you can use the included Google Docs to open and modify Word documents or save them in Word format. Second, you can use Microsoft's Web Apps functionality to work with Word documents, although the web-based product, like most web apps, will likely not include full Word functionality. I don't know this product at all so I can't say. Basically, anything you can do on the web you can do on a Chromebook, but that's it. However, that's not so limiting as we're all going to web-based, or "cloud" based, type of functionality in the future. The Chromebook is the leading product in this regard. It's really awesome if you take the leap into cloud-based computing. This is much simpler, by the way, than trying to learn and accommodate the Windows 8 operating system which, sadly, despite its charms still drags around the awkward Windows operating system. With a Chromebook there's none of that download/update/protect/sweep administrative nonsense. Just lift the lid and start working.
P. Lamoureux answered on March 30, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No. But you can run Google office tools are like a stripped version of office. You may be able to run office 2013 Web version.
TommieT answered on March 30, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, it runs Google products. I don't know if you pay more if you can get it added. You would have this research that.
Tracy Jack answered on March 30, 2013

A
when i am composing a file or document you can convert it over to microsoft word or whatever you prefer. me personally i was try it and it doesn't use microsoft word. the only way to do is using the google docs when composing and formatting it that way. it gives you options on formatting it.
Trinity2b answered on March 30, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product