Hi, can you clarify what lens comes with the OMD EM5?
asked by Francois R. on March 9, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
The kit lens is a weather sealed 12-50mm with macro capabilities. Due to the crop factor the lens effectively becomes a 24-100mm equivalent for a standard 35mm sensor.
JAYSIND answered on March 10, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can get the camera body without a lens which is what I did, as I preferred to buy the 14 -150 mm.
Nancy Crays answered on March 10, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Kit lens is 14-42mm or 12-50mm. You can also but camera alone and get any lens you want. I bought mine last year with the 12-50mm and have been very happy with that lens. Any way, you won't be sorry. Great camera!
Eastoly answered on March 11, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
12-50mm
Eliud answered on March 10, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is a system camera that shares the lensmount with Panasonic. There are great zoom lenses and prime lenses available. You can save a lot if you know what you want at purchase time. Olympus may offer rebates on lenses. These may vary depending on the country you live in. The 12-50 is weather sealed. Most other lenses are not. This lens has some macro ability and reputedly is a good video lens.
DaveL answered on March 10, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
U can buy just the body and shop around for Micro 3/4 lenses. I personally have and love the Olympus prime 45mm, f1/8 telephoto zoom lens. Small and compact, but the quality is awesome
segovia1 answered on March 10, 2013

A
EM-5 comes 3 different ways... Body only, with 14-42mm. or with 12-50mm weather-proof lens
R. Allen answered on March 10, 2013

A
There are a number of lenses available for this camera. The one I chose was the 12-50 mm Zuiko Digital f/3.5-6.3. It's ideal for every day shooting plus the added bonus of a fine video lens. The price range is around $500. If your budget is a little tight you may also consider the 12-42 mm Zuiko Digital f/3.5-5.6. The price range is around $300. Either one of these lenses can be ordered at the time of purchase of the camera. I hope that this is helped you in your selection, you will enjoy either one of these products.
Ron answered on March 10, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The standard lens is the 12-50 mm
Ryan B. answered on March 10, 2013

A
I personally got the version that came with the 12-50, and it's a great little lens. Can take it out in the rain, does decent macro without having to buy a separate lens, and takes good video.
Scott R. Tucker answered on March 11, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product