Customer Discussions > Zumba Fitness - Nintendo Wii forum

Can you dance on carpet for this game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2011 11:53:26 AM PST
Our family room has carpet (not thick at all). I'm just wondering if I'll be able to use this or if you need to have hard floors.
TIA.

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 8:10:04 AM PST
A. E. Hege says:
I do not have this game, but asked the same question, and was told yes, that you can dance on the carpet. The important thing to consider would be if you can move your feet quickly on the carpet without them catching and making you fall.

Posted on Mar 11, 2011 8:47:22 PM PST
J. Russell says:
I have the game and I think doing it on the carpet is difficult in barefeet, because you have to move pretty quick. Probably shoes on carpet would give more traction, just socks would slip around too much. I put down a plastic mat that we had under our treadmill and it works with barefeet pretty good.

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 6:04:16 AM PDT
I do it barefoot on a rug...with sneakers you have to much friction on a rug making it difficult to move and it becomes jarring to your knees.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2011 8:20:27 AM PDT
E. Rennick says:
I have the game and use it every day on my carpeted living room floor. It is very hard to dance on the carpeted floor, and it can hurt your knees. I have modified some of the moves so my knees aren't strained. I also found some socks that slip a little better on the carpet so that has helped too. Either way, the game is a lot of fun, the music is great (if you like Latin and world music), and it keeps me motivated. I've used it for 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours every day for about three weeks. I haven't lost any weight (probably need to change diet), but I have lost an inch around my ass!

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 4:12:25 PM PDT
jlr says:
If you have to do it on carpet make sure your shoes have a smooth bottom. I do Zumba at the gym 2x a week and the room is carpeted. The instructor always teaches newbies how to move to prevent injury to knees and ankles. If your shoe has too much tread on the bottom it'll catch on the carpet and could cause a knee injury. I wear Sansha dance shoes for Zumba. The bottoms are smooth. They're similar to these. If you plan to do a lot of dancing on carpet they're worth the investment. Sansha Motion Dance Sneaker

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 8:11:25 AM PDT
A. E. Hege says:
Thanks for that input! I'm going to try those shoes. I didn't realize dance shoes had changed so much since my ballet training days!

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 1:09:20 PM PDT
Rebecca Miller, www.zumbafitnessgamewii.com will take track of your game

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 6:52:50 PM PST
I bought here on Amazon some bowling slides. They go over your shoes with a strap to hold them on. They work great for doing Wii Zumba on Carpet.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 5:59:38 PM PST
Is special programming of the remote required for this game? The reason I ask is that no matter how hard I try with the mid-intensity routines, I never seem to burn more than 60 calories and I never get any stars! Its maybe an ego thing as I do get a good sweat but, just wondering ...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Zumba Fitness - Nintendo Wii
Zumba Fitness - Nintendo Wii by Majesco Sales Inc. (Nintendo Wii)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (1,123)