can you get internet without wifi
asked by skylerrae on November 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
votes
No, unless you have a tablet with 3g/4g connectivity. If you want to connect to connect to the internet without wifi you are going to have to buy a model from a cell phone company which will have 3g/4g capabilities.
Amazon Customer answered on December 14, 2012

A
vote
You can tether to your cellphone via Bluetooth if it's capable and use the phone's 3G. It works perfectly with my Epic Touch 4G (Galaxy S2 for Sprint).
Stats848 answered on December 8, 2012

A
votes
If you have a cell phone with a Mobile HotSpot option and a lot of newer cellphones have it already. You could set up Wi-Fi through your cellphone and connect to the internet that way.
As long as you have your HotSpot cellphone in range of the device you want to use (tablet, laptop, etc...) You will be able to use internet on both devices, your cellphone and the tablet. Your cellphone will work as a portable Wi-fi and you will be using only one data plan.
Hope this helps ;-)
Rowlan answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
You can also buy the P5100 with 3g for Data for the Internet though AT&T or T-Mobile etc as it has a sim card slot. the cost is about $150 more and Amazon carries it. For me, the WiFi only works great as I have WiFi at home and most places that I travel to has WiFi.
Daisy answered on November 23, 2012

A
votes
no you need wi fi for internet you can connect thru others wi fi ie: coffee houses friends house hotels etc. :)
sandcastle answered on November 12, 2012

A
votes
no you need wi fi you can connect thru general wi fi areas ie: coffee shop hotels friends house that has wi fi .
sandcastle answered on November 12, 2012

A
votes
No, you need wifi in order to connect to the internet.
Vanesa S. answered on November 12, 2012

A
vote
No, there is no any way to get to Internet w/o wifi as there is no slot for 3g sim.
Boris answered on November 11, 2012

A
vote
The tablet has wifi, if there wifi connection, you can go online. I am not sure if you can use USB to go online, I never checked.
ruiqiong yang answered on November 11, 2012

A
votes
This particular model does not have Cellular (3g/4g) WiFi Service. You would need to have internet at home with a WiFi router to get this on the internet or any place that has WiFi, would work too.. Like coffee shops..
Aaron answered on November 11, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›