Customer Discussions > New Moon (Twilight) forum

Can you get a gift card for kindle books?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 110 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2009 3:17:26 PM PDT
Since I read alot, just like everyone with a kindle. Is it possible to buy Kindle Book gift Cards. Every Holiday or B-day somebody gets me a card for Waldenbooks or one of the others.
I could drop some serious hints if there was some way to get one for the Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2009 6:35:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2009 6:36:59 PM PDT
C.O.B.H.C. says:
Here's the link to the page at which one can purchase a gift card.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/gc/order-email/ref=g_gc-dp_lp_email
There really isn't any need for a kindle specific gift card because kindle purchases will automatically be deducted from any gift card balance you have.
Nevertheless you can use the "click to select design feature" to change the art on the gift card, specifying that it was intended for the purchase of kindle books.

If you have any other inquiries it would make more sense to visit the kindle forums.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 11:59:43 AM PST
Thanks for answering I had the same questions, just simplify it: if I got a standard Amazon.com gift card, I could use that towards books for my Kindle?

Could I also use a gift card for amazon.com MP3s or can you only use Amazon.com MP3 gift cards for the Mp3's?

Posted on Mar 9, 2010 4:31:12 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 24, 2010 4:49:31 AM PDT
S. Surrey says:
Yes. Just buy an Amazon gift card through their web site and it automatically applies to your purchase.You have to have an amazon account(It's simple and free), and go to your 'account info' after you signed on. When you receive a gift card by e-mail, you redeem it by signing in and applying the card number in the box when asked. It is automatically applied and your set! Shop away.

Posted on Mar 27, 2010 7:34:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2010 1:28:16 PM PST
Kay A says:
I bought some Amazon gift cards at Walgreens and just use those to buy my Kindle books. I didn't want to use my credit card and charge them on Amazon , I wanted to use my Christmas money.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2010 12:30:12 AM PDT
RLM says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 10:31:53 AM PDT
But how do I make it apply? All I have on my Kindle is the 1 Click Shopping and its with my credit cards not my gift cards, how do I change that?

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 8:06:11 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 14, 2010 8:07:36 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2010 8:07:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2010 8:09:10 PM PST
T. Steward says:
(Read this on another site)

Hello from Amazon.com.

Using an Amazon Gift Card to buy content from the Kindle store is easy. Simply redeem the Gift Card to your Amazon.com account before you make a purchase. When you click the "Buy with 1-Click" button, any available Gift Card balance on your account will automatically be applied to the purchase before your credit or debit card is charged.

Content from the Amazon Kindle store is only available to customers with a credit or debit card issued by a U.S bank with a U.S. billing address listed as the default 1-Click payment method. To successfully complete your purchase, you must have a valid payment method listed even if you intend to pay for your entire purchase with a Gift Card.

Note: Amazon Gift Cards cannot be used to pay subscription fees.

Information on this topic also appears on the Kindle Support pages at this URL:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlesupport

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2010 6:36:16 PM PST
I just want to say that I was also confused by the 1-click button when trying to use a gift card. I am glad I found this page- but was only able to find it via a search in google. The amazon search failed me completely.

It would be helpful if this information was easily available when you are making a purchase. I guess in general I hate "1-click". "2-click" might be much better- 1 click to start the process and bring you to another page to verify what is actually going to happen when you purchase it (i.e., it will remove x dollars from you gift card or from a certain credit card account), and another click to finalize the purchase. This would have saved me 30 minutes or so of confusion trying to purchase kindle books with a gift card.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2010 6:21:45 AM PST
If I send a card to a service man stationed in Iraq, can he use this? I believe his wife just sent him a kindle? Thank yul

Posted on Nov 26, 2010 8:21:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 26, 2010 8:39:10 AM PST
My cousin was stationed in Iraq a few years ago and all he wanted for Christmas was peanut butter and Amazon gift cards. Now, he didn't have a kindle, but the principle still applies. Plus, even if the serviceman you're thinking of chooses not to apply the card to the kindle, Amazon can ship to him at his APO address for the same shipping cost as if he were ordering in the states. You've got a great gift idea! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2010 12:03:21 AM PST
I totally agree with Michael on this 1 click stuff. My Dad is 84 and he wants a CONFIRMATION that YES this IS going to happen--if you are wanting older people to link their credit card with buying books,,, they need a little 'reassurance',,, if you know what I mean.Plus the gift card??? What about if you want to get a family member a gift card,,,, do you need to know their info??? I live in another country than my family, and do not use whisper link,,, I link via computer,,,,but would like to give KINDLE gift cards to family.Surely there is a simpler way.??

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 3:51:14 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2010 10:45:03 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2010 2:37:35 AM PST
L. Bradley says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2010 1:39:19 PM PST
ZMR says:
I've been looking for amazon gift cards at walgreens and I haven't had any luck. Was this quite awhile ago or do I have to call different walgreens in my area?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2010 12:36:24 PM PST
DexterM says:
Check CVS or Big Y, if you have those in your area, Big Y has Amazon "Kindle" giftcards for $25 but I'm pretty sure they can be used for anything on amazon. I also saw regular looking amazon giftcards at cvs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2010 1:23:52 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 7, 2014 1:24:05 AM PDT]

Posted on Dec 18, 2010 9:56:15 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2010 12:49:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2010 12:51:53 PM PST
Poizon Ivy says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 8:41:06 PM PST
Connie Smith says:
I had the same issue trying to use an Amazon gift card, but my gift card balance wasn't showing in the checkout process. After signing back in to cancel my order, I chatted with an agent who finally told me that if you have any other gift cards in your shopping cart, it won't give you the option to use the credit of your Amazon gift card. I had to remove the gift card from my cart to make it available.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 12:51:22 PM PST
Audra says:
I agree I was really confused when trying to use my amazon gift card to buy my kindle books. It should be explained on there some where. I was worried even though I redeemed my gift card that it was my credit card that would be charged. I also found this on Google.

Posted on Dec 31, 2010 4:26:18 PM PST
J. Briden says:
This is ridiculous. Why does one need a credit card linked to the account to use a gift voucher?

My 11 year old daughter is an avid reader, so I bought her a Kindle. I also bought her a gift voucher so she could get some books, but the stupid Kindle says she needs a credit card to make a purchase. Really???

I would not give my 11 year old daughter a credit-card, and I am certainly not going to give her unrestrained access via an Amazon account.

I used to think the Kindle was great and raved about it to friends, but my latest purchase for my daughter has effectively been rendered a worthless piece of plastic by Amazon's ludicrous policies.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2010 5:44:30 PM PST
M. Cox says:
Agree 100%. Hey Amazon, if you want to make this good, allow us to associate a gift card with a specific Kindle, and allow us to redeem the card from the Kindle. How simple?!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  New Moon (Twilight) forum
Participants:  95
Total posts:  110
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2009
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 34 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
New Moon (The Twilight Saga)
New Moon (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Paperback - May 31, 2008)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (3,099)