Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Do you have to subscribe to hulu plus? can this get the regular free hulu?
or do I have to pay monthly?

also, I can play avi and mkv video files through the usb?
asked by Potato on July 25, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Subscribe to PlayOn for 5.00 a month and you get the original Hulu and many, many more channels. I watch this channel more then any other except netflix. Playon channels buffer once right after they start, then play smoothly. The old PlayOn buffered a lot but that has been fixed. A slew of channels to add to it free. Its even got the Casey Anthony trial on its own channel, American Idol, live tv streaming, etc. Hulu works great on the PlayOn channel also.
IdolFan answered on September 2, 2011
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
only hulu + on roku free hulu is PC only i think
Maximus answered on July 25, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You have to subscribe to the hulu+ service on here at @ $8 a month, but there are alot of free channels with a variety of videos. Hulu's worth it though, as it has most new TV episodes (except CBS owned stations, which sux!) There are a few free "channels" that enable use of the USB port for media files, in addition to what the device can handle.
Reality Junkie answered on July 26, 2011

A
"This won't work if you get a ROKU 2, "

PlayOn works with my Roku 2 XS. I got a lifetime license for $49.99 on sale, Hulu free works fine.
Cheap Sniveler answered on February 23, 2012
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Playon works on mine too!
reallyrob answered on March 26, 2012

A
Yes... with PLAYON, plus a fast connection, and only with original ROKU and not ROKU 2 you can get the same free HULU content you get on your computer. You would still have to pay for Hulu PLUS if PLUS is what you want to see...
philcat answered on December 2, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
PlayOn working for me too on my Roku 1 and 2....with FREE HULU!
Claudia P. Williams answered on June 7, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
does it have netflix on it
Julie Jones answered on December 16, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
what they don't tell you is that you need a very fast computer to use with PlayOn. What it does it receive content, transcode it on the fly, then stream it to your Roku. So dual core + computer running at all times (completely unusable while you are streaming) and subscription to PlayOn, which doesn't work with Roku 2 units, only Roku 1
Amazon Customer answered on September 2, 2011
Comment | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Only ROKU originals plus PLAYON get free Hulu.... And you need a fast internet connection for it to work... Playon costs $40 a year or $80 ONE TIME ONLY fee... This won't work if you get a ROKU 2, but there is additional content on Play On... several limited access to popular cable channels and shows for free with a play on licence even with ROKU 2.
philcat answered on December 2, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product