Can you hook them up to your tv set
asked by Robert Terranova on November 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Like others have said, you need an amplifier to drive the speakers so they are best used hooked to a home theater system or an inline amplifier hooked between the speakers and your TV. Amplifiers built into TVs typically have just enough power to drive the TV's speakers only. Check your TV owner's manual.
Ray Gray answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If your TV has powered outputs, yes. Otherwise, they will have to run through some type of amplifier. I have one hooked up as a center channel in a 7-channel configuration.
John answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. It is easy if your TV has output jacks, otherwise you would need to run the wires to your existing TV speaker connection and disconnect the existing ones.
Morris
Morris Burns answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
YES. They worked great when I used a Pyle PCA1 amplifier ($28.26) that I purchased the same time as the speakers.
Ted Biro answered on November 25, 2012
Comments (2) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes you can. You will need to purchase speaker wire with bare wire at one end (for the speakers) and phono jacks at the other end that fit your t.v. audio out sockets. Radio Shack probably carries these.
Palmiter1 answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have them hooked up to an audio receiver of which you can take the audio out from your TV into one of the Audio Ins on the receiver - very easy.
The Bades answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hook up with my receiver, connect with standard 16-Gauge Speaker Wires.
Customer on review answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›