Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

Can you kindle lend this book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 17, 2012 8:57:42 AM PDT
The option to lend this book shows up under "actions" but if I chose that option, it takes me to a page that says it is unavailable. Has anyone been able to lend "Fifty Shades of Grey"?

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 5:28:44 PM PDT
Vane says:
i'm getting the same thing when i try to lend it.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 2:10:12 PM PDT
Kelli says:
My friend was able to lend it about a week ago and when I tried today it wouldnt let me. Maybe it's because they raised the price.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 5:35:51 AM PDT
Thanks Kelli and Vane,

My friend ended up buying them all herself. Guess this series is just too popular right now.

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 12:56:44 PM PDT
joe parker says:
The same thing was happening to me when I tried to lend it. I was hoping I could lend it to a friend.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 7:06:39 PM PDT
randc says:
Are they going to fix this lending issue?? Does anyone know?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2012 6:12:33 AM PDT
I am guessing no. The series is so popular they probably don't feel the need to offer lending. I just finished book 3. Loved the series!

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 9:30:04 AM PDT
Kelli says:
I emailed amazon and they said that lending for this book has been disabled. I doesnt look as if we are going to be able to lend it anymore. My friend also just went ahead and bought the books.

Posted on May 22, 2012 11:59:58 AM PDT
Kristina says:
This sucks since the books are not cheap. You can lend a paperback, you should also be able to lend e books with their guidelines. I personally don't feel as though I got my money's worth because I didn't enjoy the book and I recommended my friend not buying it but she wants to read it. It would be nice to be able to share it.

Posted on May 22, 2012 2:19:48 PM PDT
P. Workman says:
That's too bad. I'd like to permanently lend it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 8:22:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 11, 2012 8:23:00 AM PDT
Patricia says:
I just called Amazon about the same thing. They said the publisher can, at their discretion, decide what can be lent and what can't be. Amazon said they have no control over what the publisher does. However, the 'lend this title' button should be disabled when it happens. Apparently, in the case of the Fifty series, it is a glitch that the button even appears. I asked where it is stated when you buy a book that a title in lendable or not. Amazon said there is no notice of lendability but he would forward my comments on to the appropriate people. I am irritated because I paid full price for these books and should be able to do with them what I want.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 9:10:28 PM PDT
I was told by Apple that you could not "lend". In order to use Amazon on my Apple and my IPad, I had to download the App "Kindle" to my IPad then go to Amazon and buy the Kindle edition and download it to my IPad. I got as far as pulling up the edition on my IPad but it doesn't allow me to add it to my Cart I can Add to Wish List...... Now I have to find out how to go further ????? I should be able to open up my wish list and pay for it then download to my IPad. What do you think? Can I do this?

Thankd

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 2:03:57 PM PDT
If you go to amazon on your browser, log in there and buy it, it will automatically load into your ipad in the kindle app.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Mar 17, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions