Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Do you need the Tivo wireless adaptor? Surely you could buy some other adapter that fits into the ethernet port?
asked by Shed on July 30, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
These are USB adapters. They don't fit in an ethernet port.

Basically you need one with the same chip set. There's a list on tivo dot com at http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/405#HDTiVocompatiblewirelessadapters

Note there are now two TiVo-brand adapters, the original 802.11G and the newer high-speed N.
D. Crane answered on March 5, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I used to use a "powerline" adapter. Worked OK with the series2, but the premier has been a headache all the way around.
Bartdog answered on September 28, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The description says it has an ethernet port. MyLogitech powerline works great with Apple TV. Should work with this.
P. Stein answered on April 20, 2011

A
I use a powerline adapter with my Tivo premiere. It works just fine. Yes, it has an ethernet port.
snfsma answered on April 30, 2011

A
You can use many universal wifi/ ethernet bridge. I am using CAT5 cable to connect the Yamaha WiFi bridge (it has an Ethernet port). NetGear has a universal bridge that probably works just as well.
Barry answered on May 22, 2014

A
Use HomePlug AV ("200Mb/s") powerline-Ethernet adapters to connect your TiVo to your router/gateway/LAN.

Rule of thumb for minimally frustrating home connectivity: Use HomePlug AV, rather than Wi-Fi, whenever you can. In other words, for stationary devices, use HomePlug AV. Use Wi-Fi for mobile devices. The TiVo DVR is decidedly stationary.
Robert S. Parnell answered on January 29, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product