can you use it with a tv output to drive small speakers?
asked by Beatlefan on January 19, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
votes
BEatlefan
I am driving a pair or Polk T15 Bookshelf Speakers that sit on my desk. They get quite loud yet still remain quite clean :)) . If your TV has RCA outs should be no problem
Fresh2Austin answered on January 19, 2013

A
vote
That is the use I put it to on several small LCD TV's where the sound is terrible without it. I also use speakers that Amazon has inexpensively. I use larger speakers with it as well. Excellent!
Byron D. Maynard answered on January 19, 2013

A
vote
Yes, it worked great. I was more than pleased.
Ted Biro answered on January 19, 2013

A
vote
I use it with my headphone jack on my computer and it works great so I would think it would work fine with the headphone output on a tv as well. You also need to purchase a RCA to 3.5mm adapter like the one below.
3.5mm Male to RCA Female - 6 inch (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Josiah I. answered on January 19, 2013

A
vote
I am driving a pair of small speakers. I plugged the PCA1 into the TV audio output and keep the PCA1 volume at about 3/4 way up. My speakers are than adjusted in volume with my TV volume control. You may have to adjust the volume to your liking.
Ambrose Krier answered on January 19, 2013

A
vote
Dear Bealefan,
Yes Sir I am running a sewell digital to analog audio converter to the pylepro pca1 stereo power amp. to auvio 100w x 2 4" 3-way indoor/outdoor speakers. I use it everyday with no problems and i get very good sound and power.
benson mccloud answered on January 19, 2013

A
vote
Yes. I am using my amp for exactly that purpose. I wanted to drive some speakers that are in my living romm wired through the wall to a panel in my TV room. My Vizio TV has audio out put but it is not amplified. I use the Pyle and was most pleasently surprised to find that I didn't have to turn up the volume on the Pyle very far to get great sound in my living room. It's a great buy!!!
Allan L Behler Jr answered on January 19, 2013

A
votes
Dear Mr. Beatlefan,
I am running a sewell digital to analog audio converter to the Pylepro pca1 stereo power amp. to auvio 100w x 2 4" 3-way indoor/outdoor speakers. I have been using this for over a year and it works well and it's all i need for my room.
benson mccloud answered on January 19, 2013

A
votes
yes you can as long as your tv has analog out for audio, you can go into tv menu and turn off tv speakers then use vol control from tv to control sound.
Cbrdude answered on January 19, 2013

A
votes
I'm no expert, but I would think so. I am running a DVD player as a CD player and I have beautiful sound at about 1/4 power
gbrown answered on January 19, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›