Customer Discussions > Gears of War: Judgment forum

How do you people like gears? So overrated.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 41 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 12, 2012 7:44:10 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 12, 2013 6:51:13 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 10:09:12 AM PDT
C. Kramer says:
It keeps the game simple and balanced with fewer starting weapons. This game is nothing like CoD and a comparison can't even be made.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 9:38:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2012 9:40:33 AM PDT
Oimak Kamio says:
yeah thats it....or could it be that Call of Duty is over hyped. I love the MP but there is no depth to that game at all. MP thats it. Take the MP out of Gears and the story is brilliantly done. Take the MP out of CoD and lets be fair the series would have stopped a few years ago. That alone a the same game each year repolished and repackaged. So get out of here with your idiotic posts.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 5:08:56 AM PDT
Gears of War is overrated? Have you even played the games?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 2:32:25 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:47:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 1:47:57 PM PDT
wutai012 says:
More doesn't necessarily mean better. Besides, COD guns are mainly slight variations of each other. Look at COD4: it was stripped down compared to the later COD games, only 3 kill streaks and it is arguably the best in the series. Does GOW have much less guns compared to other shooters like Halo? At least with Gears you can snipe someone's head off or blow them to bits with a shotgun. Have fun with your graphics from four years ago (with a borrowed graphics engine from EPIC games mind you).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 12:15:31 AM PDT
Ryan says:
How do you people like X game? So overrated...

Nothing is overrated, just not to your liking. Justin Bieber makes me want to puke, but he's not aimed at me. He's aimed at little boys and girls who largely love him. Is he overrated? No. Does it make me sad that people like him so much? Sure does. Of course, it makes me sad that people buy Call of Duty every year too. Not as sad as people buying Bieber albums, but still sad. At least the Gears games keep adding a lot to the gameplay every time they release. Gears 3 added a ton to do and a lot of refinements. Each one has an interesting story to follow. Have you even tried following the story in CoD? Holy crap is that story ridiculous, especially in Black Ops. Other than zombie mode in black ops, a separate from the campaign (for some reason) coop campaign way back in MW2 and new even more overpowered killstreaks that give the good players even more kills... the Modern Warfare series has hardly changed at all. People buy them every year though. Why? Because even though I don't like them anymore because they're the same damn game every year, others like that. Good for them.

TLDR: Stop trolling games you don't like, nobody cares what you think.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 7:02:32 PM PDT
JDS07 says:
Not as overrated as that sorry excuse for a game Halo. The only thing Halo is good for is the online mode. Gears is probably the best exclusive that the 360 has right now in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 7:51:17 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 2:50:47 PM PDT
BabiiPupp55 says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 2:51:32 PM PDT
BabiiPupp55 says:

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 7:29:27 AM PDT

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 7:22:00 PM PDT
E. Hendrix says:
I like it because it is so different than the other shooters, its not another military type shooter. Multiple characters to choose from, executions on players, different type weapons to use and many play lists to choose from in versus. Its also just simple to play.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 6:38:07 PM PDT
What exactly ISN'T "overrated" nowadays? Bad games? Gears is one of biggest franchises in gaming history, and will always be.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 10:03:09 AM PDT
Really with a post like that and you call us Gears fans slow minded?

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 9:48:59 PM PDT
Ryan says:
I love the Gears series but I could not be less interested for this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 9:31:42 AM PDT
mjc0961 says:
Two mags (not clips) to kill people? You really, really, REALLY suck at the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 10:43:16 AM PDT

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 7:57:39 PM PDT
No, a clip is NOT the same thing as a magazine. Look it up. Also, it's can't or couldn't, not can or could. If you can care less then to some extent you do care if he thinks you're bad at gears.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 1:35:32 PM PDT
Emre says:
Anyone can pick up CoD and in a week or two can get the hang of it, but Gears is a game where discipline is required and takes months to become decent at the game. No way is it slow minded, it may be like that to you because you die often and spend your time spectating rather than fighting. First of all you cant compare a first person shooter to a third person shooter, its like comparing a fruit to a vegetable. There's no reason to overload new weapons to a game where no one is going to use it, Gears veteran like me only want our shotguns. Gears was all about the shotty's and snipers and nobody ever said "Man I wish this game had more weapons". They added the sawed-off for the scrubs and everyone hated it. Off multiplayer, the single player campaign is excellent. Does CoD have a awesome campaign where FOUR people can play co-op ? No they do not after all these years the campaign gets worse and they still havent managed to do anything with CoD that has blown our minds. MW3 multiplayer blows and not to mention its like they just said hey lets take MW2 and add new weapons with the same unimproved engine cuz the graphics completely suck, but hey retards buy the game anyway. Every Gears is more improved in every aspect and I could go on but to lay it out on the line, it is deff not overrated.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 8:05:21 PM PDT
Isiah28 says:
left for dead isnt even in the top 10 gears is one of the best series to ever hit gaming period on xbox 360

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 11:57:09 AM PDT
Peragulator says:
Why do people here always rag on COD MW games? How does anyone compare COD to GEARS? What difference does it make to the masses here whether COD has improvements/more weapons or a great/terrible SP experience? The bottom line is GEARS is an excellent trilogy and certainly isn't overrated . Not liking the game is one thing.
A clip charges a magazine BTW.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 10:55:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 7, 2012 11:45:04 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 10:58:03 PM PDT
halo is a way bigger exclusive thas gears sorry im not even a huge halo fan and know that.personally i like gears more than halo for the simple fact that little kids ruin the online experience of halo.also just because you dont like gears doesnt mean no one else can so stop whining thanx bye.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:20:48 PM PDT
You mean it isn't overrated in YOUR opinion. =)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  28
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  Jun 12, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gears of War: Judgment
Gears of War: Judgment by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.1 out of 5 stars   (470)