Do you really think God talks to people?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2008 2:20:32 PM PST
Before I wrote my book, "The Enlightenment, What God Told Me After One Million Prayers: A Message For Everyone " I had always wanted to do something for Jesus. I prayed a lot in my life and at one point I decided that I was going to devote one million prayers to God in Jesus' name. It took me 15 years to complete this task. After I completed my devotion of one million prayers, I asked God one simple question, "Exactly who is this One that I have said all these prayers to?" I really never expected an actual answer from God Himself. Quietly, I felt enveloped by something infinitely tremendous. I felt the Knowledge and Presence of the universe come upon me. What God told me during this "Enlightenment" was so beautiful and so wonderful that I wanted to share it with everyone. That was the catalyst to my book entitled "The Enlightenment" I guess God can speak to people in many different ways. Does anyone think that God has spoken to them in some way? "The Enlightenment, What God Told Me After One Million Prayers: A Message for Everyone

Posted on May 11, 2009 6:20:13 PM PDT
N. Sanchez says:
"God is Dead"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2009 4:23:44 PM PDT
I will Pray for you.....But even a tv or radio needs a anttenna.....we must be open and available to hear..

Best wishes and God Bless

Posted on Jul 21, 2009 6:03:07 PM PDT
People occasionally pay attention to their own conscious and subconscious thoughts and desires and then erroneously ascribe them to communication from God.

Posted on Jul 21, 2009 7:51:54 PM PDT
Gift Card says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 7, 2009 7:23:29 PM PDT
The Capitol says:
That's 182 prayers per day, unless I messed up on the math. Are you just trying to sell your book? :/

Posted on Oct 9, 2009 1:10:42 PM PDT
What is thought? The individual soul is constantly trying to remove the barrier that separates it from the universal consciousness. Thoughts cross that barrier such that your prayers reach God and God's words come back to you, but the feeble mind in all its ego proudly believes that it originated that thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2009 10:04:26 PM PDT
No. Absolutely not. God cannot talk to anyone since God does not exist.

Next question.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2009 3:25:39 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 16, 2009 2:48:47 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 11:49:33 AM PST
I took part in a week long intensive meditation and got frustrated as the week was coming to a close. I had expected to hear this voice in my head telling me 'stuff'. My big 'aha' came when I realized all of the 'gifts' I could claim: cooking, art, etc., were 'inspired' by G-d and were how this 'voice' had been coming to me all of this time. I started to laugh and couldn't stop as I realized that it's not the voice of G-d that's hard to hear, it's the noise of our thoughts that interferes with it that makes it hard. From that moment on I began to filter the self doubt and 'noise' and accept the intuitive, the inspirations and spend more time doing what I loved. I can tell you know, I hear the voice of G-d. Call the voice 'the universe', 'intuition', 'inspiration' -- anything you'd like -- but get out of your own way and have more joy.The Hamlet Secret: A Self-Directed (Shakespearean) Workbook for Living a Passionate, Joy-Filled Life

Posted on Feb 11, 2010 1:24:02 PM PST
Jamie says:
Enter the mind of a Schizophrenic... If you dare

Hope is the chilling tale of a young woman's struggle with schizophrenia. The haunting descriptions of her psychotic episodes told in first person will captivate and send chills up the readers spine.

Lainey's story begins as a normal teenage girl with a promising future ahead of her. As her hallucinations become more horrific, and the hair-raising voices heard in her head begin to escalate, her life begins to shatter before her eyes. She spends most of her young-adult life trapped inside the walls of a mental institution. Upon her release she is hopeful that the worst is behind her, but for Lainey it has only just begun.

Hope by Jamie newinski

Posted on Feb 18, 2010 12:55:44 PM PST
Check this out: The God Patent
Some really interesting points on this conversation. Believing in God requires faith. No faith, then no investment. In The God Patent, the author calls it The Precept of Faith. It means that if praying could increase your odds in the lottery, believing in God wouldn't be faith, disbelief would be stupid. Since God requires Faith, then, his actions must be consistent with random acts. But he goes farther and presents an argument based on quantum physics that permits God to act in "mysterious ways." It's pretty cool, I totally rec' it.

Posted on Sep 10, 2010 6:26:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2010 6:27:25 AM PDT
Sure you hear "God" talking to you, each one of us. But it is our part of God, the You that you are, you are hearing. It is beautiful and it is life! You are divine, you can be no less.

Author of Mystery of the Universes and Mystery of the Universes, Book Two

Posted on Sep 26, 2010 8:22:26 AM PDT
csaba says:
what if ,the whole idea of searching for God,and make one million(!!!) prayers in order to hear him,is wrong?I mean here you are on a beautiful planet ,souranded by beautiful things,and the first thing you do, is to search for something else

Posted on Oct 17, 2010 4:46:10 AM PDT
Nugg Huffer says:
I have spoken with God, or an universal mind, call it what you will. It wasn't particularly the greatest day of my life but the memory haunts me and will so for the rest of my life. You can find it to if you only but know where to look. The tools are out there, their is truth in every story, but the Bible, is not 100% accurate, because Humans wrote the Bible. If God wrote the Bible, it'd be clear and very easy to understand, being the master of language and all. God Bless and Good Luck, and don't let your culture stop you from seaking the answers you and everyone desires, why do we live?

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 1:43:47 PM PST
Lottie Wilds says:
Yes, god talks to me. He reminded me to get ketchup at the store. She told me not to have 2 servings of fudge. She thought I was totally right to be angry at my daughter. He helps me balance my checkbook, but doesn't allow me to find $14,000 in my matteress. I won the lottery--only$3., so I gave her a talking-to, myself! He helps me get parking spots close tot he door so I don't have to walk in the rain, but not when I need the exercise. He tells me which tel-evangelists to send money to, but I still won't do it. She made me tear a hole in my favorite sweater because I was enjoying it too much or because the homeless guy down the way needed it to burn in the bonfire.
She does have a sense of humor I can appreciate--she lets me. Think of the platypus and the anteater and not laugh. She has a wicked sense of irony, like letting people wait for decades to have a child only to find out it is inelegantly deformed and will be a helpless invalid forever. He is downright mean, sometimes. He let my mother die of cancer when she had babies to raise.
So, yeah, the gods in my head talk, but I don't listen.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 9:39:53 PM PDT
That's quite wonderful.The poor devil who searched for 50 years and made millions of prayers is deeply deluded. You're not. There's a difference - a delightful one. The Arabs say: Praise god - and tether your camel. You're the kind of person who says, simply, Tether your camel, or Don't get in the way while I tether My camel, especially you, God, because most of the time you are a confounded nuisance - but then I remember I made you up, and it's okay. Enjoy yourself God - and tether your camel. And keep in mind We are on to you!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2013 12:16:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2013 2:14:48 AM PST
the statement that there is no God ... my thought on this is : It does not matter if you believe in god or not because "God believes in you."
Let me explain my meaning ............
LIFE or being ALIVE is a bio-chemical process that produces a "measurable energy force" Use of science can prove the existence of this electrical force.
This energy or electrical force ,(for lack of better terminology) " Having A Life force". All living beings such as plants, animal, insects and we humans possess this energy. The lack of this "force ,in a prior living being is called DEATH. Any mater that has, Never had a" life force" is : an inanimate object.

"God" is an intelligent entity that creates the essence of, what we understand, as being ALIVE.

With out that" force" or "energy", there is an absence of life; aka: DEATH.

More simply put :
No God = no life energy = dead or inanimate object.

ALSO:
Most of us have heard :The biblical verse: "We are created in the image of God".

It is my deeply held belief ; That the very essence of being " ALIVE" and being "self aware" , is what they meant by,"we are all created in the image of God."

all most forgot ..my answer to the question does god communicate with us? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD DOES COMMNICATE WITH EACH ONE OF US.
HOWEVER :
THE MESSAGES CAN ONLY BE {HEARD} BY THOSE OF US WHO ACTIVELY SEEK A CONNECTION TO GOD BY BEING,OPEN MINDED AND BY LEARNING HOW TO CONTROLL OR SUSPEND THE POWER OUR OWN MINDS AKA OUR " WILL" LONG ENOUGH TO CONNECT TO ANOTHER SOURCE OF INFORMATION.

GOD IS WHISPERING ,TO ALL OF US , EACH AND EVERY SECOND OF OUR LIVES. WILL YOU HEAR THE MESSAGE???

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 8:21:23 AM PST
I highly recommend "God Spoke To Me" and "Opening The Doors Within" by Eileen Caddy. And I believe somehow the creator talks to us, through feelings and intuitions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Power of Now
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle (Paperback - February 1, 2001)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (2,429)