Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2008 2:03:25 PM PST
Before I wrote my book, "The Enlightenment, What God Told Me After One Million Prayers: A Message For Everyone " I had always wanted to do something for Jesus. I prayed a lot in my life and at one point I decided that I was going to devote one million prayers to God in Jesus' name. It took me 15 years to complete this task. After I completed my devotion of one million prayers, I asked God one simple question, "Exactly who is this One that I have said all these prayers to?" I really never expected an actual answer from God Himself. Quietly, I felt enveloped by something infinitely tremendous. I felt the Knowledge and Presence of the universe come upon me. What God told me during this "Enlightenment" was so beautiful and so wonderful that I wanted to share it with everyone. That was the catalyst to my book entitled "The Enlightenment" I guess God can speak to people in many different ways. Does anyone think that God has spoken to them in some way? "The Enlightenment, What God Told Me After One Million Prayers: A Message for Everyone

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2009 6:55:09 PM PST
Amy Sheehan says:
That sounds amazing. I wish God would speak to me. I've been going through an extremly difficult time in my life. I've been praying and asking God for answers and seeking advice. I have trouble hearing him. I think part of my issue is that I know what I want him to say deep down so maybe I'm not hearing him. I struggle with trying to just accept God's control vs. what I want in my life. Even if I say I accept what he has in store for me, I can't stop thinking about what I want. Any advice?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2009 9:32:55 AM PST
Lillian says:
Sometimes God says "Yes," sometimes God says "No," and sometimes God says, "Wait." I strongly believe, for most of us, we have to wait. Remember, it took me over 15 years and over one million prayers for God to answer me. Do you have the patience to wait that long or longer? I suggest after you pray and contemplate your problem, spend some silent time waiting for your answer. What you want and what God wants should be the same thing. Think about that. God Bless. John H. Eagan, www.WhatGodToldMe.com

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2009 5:12:52 PM PST
Amy Sheehan says:
You really think that what God wants and what I want are the same. What is want is not something ungodly, if anything its very god-like. Do you believe that if God says no, sometimes he says no, in order for you to make a change and then once that change is made, he can say yes. My fear is that I keep waiting for God to give me an answer and I wait so long that my life is passing me by. Not sure if it makes sense unless you know what I am referring to.

Posted on Apr 21, 2010 10:09:56 AM PDT
Tom McGee says:
Some times God speaks to us, but we are not listening. He may answer us through other people or events; however, we have inattentional blindness--we do not make the connection. Have you ever had a Deja vu experience? Have you ever had two or three incidences that seem to relate to things you have prayed about? Have you ever woke up in the morning and suddenly you have an answer or an idea of how to solve a problem you have prayed about? I have and I believe those "coincidences" are answers to prayer.

Posted on Aug 8, 2010 4:47:56 PM PDT
Shosh says:
"BINGO" William, there is no such thing as a coincidence. People don't seem to get this. Amy, are you looking for God to shake you to "hear" his answer. God ALWAYS answers. I think you're looking for the "parting of the Sea" before you, in order to know the answer. You seem upset about something and it's clouding your "sight". Have you tried meditating? It's very relaxing, I find when I'm relaxed I can "feel" or "know" an answer and it's usually the correct one. I also "see" and "hear" better just before I drift off to sleep, this is when I'm most "vulnerable" for me to "hear/see" my answers. I hope this helps. You seem to be going through a bad period in you life and I wish you the best of luck.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 8, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A New Earth - Awakening To Your Life's Purpose
A New Earth - Awakening To Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle (Paperback - 2006)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (2,361)