How do you save places with Garmin 2555?
asked by Hieu N. Truong on March 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Once you have found a location, tap the 3 bars thingy in the corner. From there you can save the loation.
Page 16 of the manual.
http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/nuvi_2405_2505_series_OM.pdf
J. OConnor answered on March 2, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello Hieu;
1) tap "view map"
2)tap the "3 bars" }lower right hand corner}
3)tap "where am I"
4)THE TOP LINE WILL GIVE YOUR LOCATION......... TAP "SAVE" thats it !
Robert answered on March 2, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would first recommend downloading the owner's manual from the Garmin product support website at "www.garmin.com/support". It explains the steps required to save a location. But here are the steps to you started.

Stating from the top level menu:

1) First, select "Address", or if you have previous location entries, select "Recent"
2) After entering or selecting a recent address, press the " i " icon below the displayed address.
3) Now, with the address and map displayed in split screen, press the "3 BAR" icon located in the upper left corner of the screen.
4) Press "Save", then enter a name for the location on the next screen.
jerryth answered on March 2, 2013

A
once you have typed the location on the screen and done a search, the location address should pop up, then press the i button located between the 'route' and the 'go' button at the bottom of the screen, this will bring up a map on the right of the screen and the address on the left of the screen ... press the 3 bar code in the top left corner of the screen and this will give you the option to save the map and address
Dean C answered on March 2, 2013

A
If you're physically at a location you want to save, you could do this as well. When you're physically at a location you want to save, go to the menu bar in the lower right hand window. When you press it you should get a page of items, but you shouldn't have to scroll down. The one you're looking for is a yellow flag the ask "Where am I". After selecting that it will give you lat and long and other info. Just select save. It will then want you to give the place a name i.e. My favorite restaurant. There could be a better way of doing this, but this is how I did it when I used the Garmin.
Rickey D. Gosney answered on March 2, 2013

A
Hello, when you said places do you mean new route or alternative route or just location. We haven't saved any location but what we do is go to recent place and all the route or places that we have been is there , it looks like it save automatically . I do not know if I answering your question.
David Bermudez answered on March 4, 2013

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 2, 2013 9:45:12 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product