Did your Amazon purchase come from the local Wal-Mart? I ordered the F5914-900 with Prime "fulfilled by Amazon" and had it here the next day. I was thrilled with that part. When we opened it it was obvious it had already been used and returned, so we sent it back. In the meantime, I went to the Wal-Mart 15 minutes from my house to get the equivalent model they carry, and was told they were out of stock but had one coming in 'on a truck' last night. My husband went up this morning to pick it up and found the exact cleaner we had sent back to Amazon yesterday, down to the bad tape job I did on the box. You could see where the shipping label had been ripped off. He even opened it to make sure, and found the same things that had made us send it back - scratches on the plastic, a heat-discolored attachment part, a warped rubber seal and detergent caked inside the measuring cup. I guess it shouldn't surprise me, but I really had no idea my Amazon orders were coming from Wal-Mart!
asked by EllenM on March 1, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
I asked my Wal Mart store manager and he said Wal Mart gets the returns but is not suppose to put them back on the shelf, but send them by to the warehouse. My Wal Mart does not carry this machine anyway. I wore a Hoover out already (7 years) and looking forward to another Hoover. (the Bissell plastic pump broke after the 3rd use!).
V. Louise Hall answered on August 1, 2012

A
votes
Interesting. I wonder how often this happens. Do you thing the vacuum you got was FROM Wal-mart or was it the other way around. Maybe Wal-mart receives Amazon's returns?
Aaron answered on March 9, 2012

A
votes
Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914-900 The cleaner is $20 more at Wal-Mart plus Amazon offers Free Shipping!
Country Girl answered on August 1, 2012

A
[Deleted by the author on May 10, 2012 3:04:31 PM PDT]

A
[Deleted by the author on Apr 27, 2013 2:49:40 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›