Did your Clip+ suddenly stop working? If so, try resetting it.

Hold the power button for 20 seconds then release it.
Then press the power button to turn on the player.

This will work for most unexpected freezes/shutdowns.
asked by Moe Priell on March 21, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 75 answers
A
votes
Terrific. It happened today while I was in my car. I did what Moe suggested and it worked and resumed at exactly the point in the book I was playing when it seemed to die. There didn't seem to be a reset button and I am so happy that I saw this thread.
Ben Franklin answered on April 4, 2011

A
votes
It is in the instructions. On the quick start guide under the "Having trouble? These may help" section. It says, "Press down and hold the power button for 15 seconds. Then turn it back on." While 20 seconds and 15 seconds are two different numbers, 15 seconds seems to work just as well for me.
eightbitsprite answered on April 29, 2011

A
votes
worked for me, thanks for the info
Danny Hampton answered on March 25, 2011

A
votes
Thanks, I too was looking where I could buy a new player. You would think that they would put this in the instructions. I am going to put this on my review of product.
K. Roy answered on April 26, 2011

A
votes
This just happened to me and I was completely ready to chuck the thing. Thanks for the tip!
Kelly M. Stitzel answered on March 31, 2011

A
votes
Sometimes it takes multiple attempts, hold the player's power button at least 30 seconds or more. Sometimes a combination of buttons, power and home/menu has to be tried to work. Check the forums at www.sandisk.com for what combinations have worked for others. If it is freezing frequently or solidly it is having problems with a file/files. Try to locate which and delete. Often it is the one/ones it starts messing up on. Old models would give you "bad track" with a problem file and skip over it, these freeze, crash, hang, skip etc.
barelyhear answered on April 13, 2012

A
votes
THANK YOU! this works really well. it even turned on in exactly the same spot.
Shania answered on June 2, 2011

A
votes
doesn't work for me - mine is frozen in the on state as it says connected on the face of the sansa clip plus. I have tried to reset it using this method and nothing happens. Can't get it to turn off. Therefore, I can't get it to reset at all. Now what any suggestions and just in time for the holiday so no service help.
doxie lover answered on September 4, 2011

A
vote
Has happened to me on more than one occasion, I could never remember what I did to get it restarted-now I know. Thank You!
R. Tracy answered on April 9, 2011

A
vote
thank you so much. this happened to me this morning half way thru my run..i.ve been trying to get it to work for the last hr. then was on-line checking out how to send it back when i came across this discussion...again thanks so much for your help..
rose
M. Dowe answered on June 13, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next ›