4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful
As someone who had never heard most of the advice in this book I found the explainations to be practical and useful. The book has been written in the UK so at times some of the words used are unfamiliar, but still understandable Overall the advice is good for using to improve your life or motivate.
Published on December 3, 2011 by P. Creeden

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Suggestions
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Published on December 13, 2011 by Rebecca of Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, December 3, 2011
This review is from: Be your own best life coach (52 Brilliant Ideas) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Suggestions, December 13, 2011
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Jackee Holder has written a helpful book that has some ideas to make you more successful. She advises the reader to schedule time each day to analyze their life. She also discusses negative beliefs, time management, self-care, networking, goal setting, making a list of priorities and dealing with finances. She does introduce a strange idea of how you should talk to a chair. I think it would be more effective to talk to a best friend because then you can bounce ideas off each other. Otherwise this book seems fine and it will help you to examine the life you are living so you can plan for the life you want to live.

~The Rebecca Review

4.0 out of 5 stars A buffet of ideas for you to select from, December 25, 2011
I find the strength of the 52 Brilliant Ideas books I have read so far to be that they offer a buffet of ideas that you can pick and choose from as you find them useful or compelling to you. This book was no exception. I tried a few exercises that gave me different perspectives on myself, marked several exercises or passages to come back to later because they seemed useful, and simply set aside any exercises that didn't speak to me. Interestingly, one of the most useful things I did was the Johari Window, which the author mentions, but I ended up doing more research on it after struggling somewhat with parts of the exercise. It turns out that a lot of background of the Johari Window is not in the book, and she also explains it differently than most people. I think probably the difference in explanation gives the reader more nuance, but only if they look at outside information as well (or are already familiar with Johari Windows). There's a more classic version of the exercise available online here to supplement with: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A great example of taking reviews with a grain of salt, February 9, 2013
megHan (San Antonio, Texas) - See all my reviews
I found this late one night - for free - and, had I taken to heart the reviews on this book, I probably would have not "bought" it, like I'm sure you're thinking now that you're looking at the book and seeing some of the same reviews that I did. Take my advice - ignore all the bad reviews - it is a good book (though I would wait to see if you can find it cheaper later on - sometimes these books go on sale or for free for a few days).

Ever since I saw a show several years ago (a reality show - ugh - I can't believe I'm actually admitting I watched one of those haha) with life coaches, it has been an obsession with me. I read what I can and have done a lot of research online. This book had a lot of good ideas, some that I have tried and others that I will be trying in the future. Not only does it have the idea, but information on the idea, other suggestions and a motivational quote to do with each topic. You really feel like the author has joined you on your journey for self development ... and like the author has once been there too. Definitely a good book. :) Not tedious or boring either.

3.0 out of 5 stars good reading, January 12, 2014
Keeping in mind that the author is mostly self taught, with some training in life coaching, I found the book to be encouraging and helpful in times of moderate sadness (just didn't want to use the clinical word 'depression' - I just get sad sometimes). I would recommend this book to any average person just trying for a little more joy and understanding.

2.0 out of 5 stars Be your own best life coach, January 15, 2012
I was hoping to stumble upon some new information/techniques that I don't currently use. Seems to be more for people who are starting for square one, so to speak.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Self Coaching, November 26, 2012
In many time in life Coaches are not always there you could be living in remote areas and also you may not be able to pay for the coaches, I find this book very useful for those who want to find their own direction through self coaching, setting and implementing one's goals and tips on ways of motivating self to walk towards your success on your own. Thanks Jackie

4.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, June 15, 2014
This book was very informative. and a great resource for many who are Interested in lifecoaching. I would recommend this!

4.0 out of 5 stars summary, May 31, 2014
Well written, but a lot of repitition from other self help books.Still, I would recommend this book to anyone.Thanks gmannix

5.0 out of 5 stars 52 Creative Ideas for being one's own life coach - a very helpful book, May 4, 2014
Since I have listened to different LIFE COACH people in self help radio shows, I was very intrigued by the title of this book and so glad that I bought this book.

What makes this book stand out is the fact that I believe each person has in their own subconscious mind and GUT FEELINGS the answers to what to do in life situations and goals. This is where this book is so very helpful, it has 52 ideas (tips) on how to be one's own personal Life Coach. For me, this is just what I was searching for, some helpful suggestions that my own mind could use to be my own Life Coach. Think about it, who knows you better than you do? Who has more time and history with you than you? This is why I like this book over other SELF HELP LIFE COACHING BOOKS.

Not every tip (IDEA) did appeal to me, however, many tips did and some even gave to me a fresh idea that I never thought of before -- a solution to a problem, or a way to reach a special goal etc.

**My favorite idea is the one I am using now, it number 3: Write it down and make it happen. I have used this but it was a long time ago and it worked, just forgot about it. This book reminded me of this IDEA.

Highly suggest this book to you!