Customer Discussions > Audition: A Memoir forum

Who is your least favorite View host?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2008 8:10:54 AM PDT
JGC says:
EH

What bothers me about EH is not her blatant stupidity and irresponsible statements, rather it is the fact that she is completely unqualified to be an ABC talk show host. I may not like them all, but all of the other hosts, past and preset have very impressive qualifications. What did EH do that was so important? She was an inconsequential, disposable contestant on a reality show. Big deal. It's a very sad state of affairs when ABC News would allow someone like this to host a coast to coast broadcast network program.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2008 5:01:16 PM PDT
Secretru says:
EH

She is a know-it-all, and is absolutely annoying. I love it when Joy and Whoopi go at her. When she talks, I fast-forward my DVR. Barbara should get someone with a bit of intelligence and maturity.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2008 6:43:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2008 6:48:17 PM PDT
en says:
I have no use for any of these hosts, or the show as a whole.

But "all of the other hosts, past and present, have very impressive qualifications"?

You must be joking. Lisa Ling was a 20 something from a cable show, Debbie Matenopoulos even less qualified. Hasselback is filling their slot, and is equally unqualified.

Meanwhile Joy Behar was a comic, but had no substantial tv experience. She says so many stupid, false things it is hard to keep track. Rosie O'Donnell had tons of experience. She was also psychotic, and believes the World Trade Center attack was a planned explosion. (Did you notice there were airplanes involved, Rosie, or do you just ignore that because it doesn't fit your wacko theory?)

In my opinion, the only one with even half a brain, and even a semblance of dignity, was Meredith Viera.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2008 11:55:04 AM PDT
Cowboy Tony says:
Hasselbeck is nothing but a shill for Fox News.
Sherri Shepherd is truly ignorant of any facts that don't have to do with "American Idol" or "Dancing With the Stars." She knows nothing about history and she can't open her mouth without a grammatical error. Why she was hired escapes me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2008 2:40:23 PM PDT
Betty says:
Ditto to that. I cannot stand her! She is a royal pain in the you-know-where! She should be replaced.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2008 4:58:07 PM PDT
J. Lee says:
First, The View is not an entertainment show not a "news show" with real women talking about the days news and events. Read Barbara's Audition - it's just supposed to be a group of gals gabbing. Does anyone think Joyce, Whoopi or Starr was really a news reporter??? Secondly- I can only admire EH - not for her opinions - but for sitting on a panel with some of the most liberal of them all (i.e. Rosie - who I always liked, until she became a bully) and standing up to them with her very different beliefs.
Like you, I regret they haven't found someone more experienced to express a different view from the others - but at least she's fresh and different. I'd like them to find another slightly more consertative or alternative view to help balance it. Gosh, I miss Lisa Ling!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2008 5:12:00 PM PDT
en says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2008 5:37:05 PM PDT
Hurrah! I agree with you completely about Joy's inaccurate comments and Rosie's incredible comments about the World Trade Center which were enough, in and of themselves, for her to lose all credibility as a host or personality.
I do miss Meredith. If only Barbara could find someone with her knowledge and class to join the show!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 6:08:41 PM PDT
I totally agree about EH. If you arent white,rich and a republican, in her narrow minded opinion you are nothing. Rosie is and will always be great,Joy and Whoopie are also great,who wants to watch boring daytime tv. Mario Cantone was fantastic and so funny, way to shut EH up with the few digs towards her comments about getting an award for the show. SHE is the main reason why they dont!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2008 9:12:29 PM PDT
Please, EH has alot more to offer than JB! She is a blathering idiot. What gives HER carte blanche to be on the show? EH actually can carry on a conversation and listens before she opens her mouth. Have you ever noticed JB already has her mouth ready to blubber out something before the person has finished his/her sentence? I guess being a comedian is enough to be a talk show host. Just like Whoopi and the other gal, a plain actress. EH has more brains than all of them put together.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2008 10:44:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2008 10:44:53 PM PDT
I don't like Elizabeth at all. Just every word that comes spewing out of her mouth angers me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2008 3:51:40 PM PDT
D. F. Levy says:
Since this is "THE VIEW", statements do not need to be founded on a bedrock of facts.
I think EH adds a lot to the mix of diverse viewpoints. I think Barbara W. is the least appropriate one to be on the panel because as a reporter who "wears many hats" she does not feel it appropriate to give her viewpoint. She thinks, probably correctly, that a journalist needs to be unbiased for credible reporting. However, that may make her a competent journalist, but it makes her inappropriate to sit on a the panel of "THE VIEW" where the very point is to have women with different viewpoints express them, whether grounded in fact or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2009 1:48:59 PM PST
R. M. Doyle says:
You need to listen to both sides of any discussion. It would be boring if everyone agreed. Another conservative is needed on the show.

Posted on Feb 9, 2009 3:35:33 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 9, 2009 3:36:39 PM PST]

Posted on Jul 5, 2009 5:04:14 PM PDT
The View is exactly that, the view of five women. Whilst four appear to listen to the questions and put some thought into their answer, Elisabeth doesn't listen and her answers, filled with emotion and lacking factual evidence. I cannot wait until she goes on maternity leave and if we are lucky, she may choose to become a stay at home Mom.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2009 8:02:46 AM PDT
Laura Walser says:
I love hearing Elizabeth's opinion! She is the only one who is brave enough to stand up for her beliefs even though all of the other hosts never agree. Whoopi is so liberal it makes me sick! She is just Rosie #2 in my opinion! I do wish Meredith would return -- she was very professional and respectful.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2009 8:06:53 AM PDT
Laura Walser says:
I agree! Poor Elizabeth is outnumbered!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2009 11:02:11 AM PST
You sound like a bitter, hateful libber just like Joy. As if any of those other woman are more qualified than Elizabeth. What a joke. Your politics are showing. If anyone has made irresponsible comments its Joy and Rosie. Remember "our troops are terrorists?" Now, that is a real example of irresponsibility. Give me ONE example of anything Elizabeth has said that could trump that!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2009 11:02:44 AM PST
But Joy and Whoopi aren't?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2009 11:05:06 AM PST
Mad because the state owned press can't just put liberals on and you have to suffer through a perspective that is different than your own? (How DARE Fox News to even exist!) Mad because it takes four leftwing wackos to stand up to Elizabeth because she is so much smarter and cogent than they?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2009 11:09:17 AM PST
Oh really? How come when libbers talk to minorities they use that line - that Republicans are all "white and rich," yet when they are talking to their own kind - "white, rich elitists" Republicans somehow morph into "bible-thumping hayseeds."
Leftwingers are so dishonest and manipulative. Democrats have manipulated minorities for years with this BS and unfortunately, minorities buy into it simply because they are not white, rich elitist like the libbers that feed them this crappy sack of lies.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2009 11:11:23 AM PST
You obviously are not paying attention. What a joke: "whilst four appear to listen to the questions?" Are you nuts? They don't listen at all to Elizabeth, they can't even let her finish a sentence. They are to eager to spew hatred just like you. Better drink some more Kool Aid Sylvia.

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 3:08:09 PM PST
R. M. Doyle says:
Elizabeth is my favorite host . . . Whoopi is second. Joy irritates me. Why isn't there a hispanic on the panel?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2010 11:12:37 AM PDT
R. M. Doyle says:
You have got to be kidding! What experience do the other hosts have?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2010 11:14:09 AM PDT
R. M. Doyle says:
If you fast forward how do you know what EH is saying? Typical of a liberal not to listen or read and think you know everything.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Audition: A Memoir forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  May 31, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Audition: A Memoir
Audition: A Memoir by Barbara Walters (Hardcover - May 6, 2008)
4.1 out of 5 stars (407)