Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 21, 2014
PURCHASED at Costco, and have gone through 2 bottles of 390 caps so far, and going back for more.

I'm 48, hair and nails thinning/becoming brittle, joints ache due to inactivity and overweight/unhealthy eating. This was started to help my brittle nails that developed almost permanent cracks that just grew in naturally, even below the nailbed.

I always keep my nails short because I'm a nurse, and these cracks/weak "lines" that were developing at the base of the nail and traveling up just were horrible, & seemed permanent, started growing like this since about 12 months ago, always get caught on things like towels, linens etc., not to mention my joints are getting creaky and painful (one knee and one hip), and I started taking glucosamine and chondroitin 2 years ago.

FIRST BOTTLE RESULTS: Took about 1 bottle to notice a subtle difference in my hair, and about a bottle and a half to see a dramatic change in my nails! Joints require LESS glucosamine and chondroitin now too! Skin is still dry, but it is the middle of winter now, so can't fault this product for that, but my skin didn't seem so thin, it actually looked thicker (for lack of a better word). Skin breakouts for me as an older adult, is almost non~existent now.

Half way into the SECOND BOTTLE RESULTS:

NAILS: have NO MORE splits/cracks and is back to being THICK and Strong again!!!! THAT ALONE has made a world of difference for me personally.

HAIR: resists breaking (and I have brittle graying hair) and less thinning, more fuller body. My hair used to fall out so much in the shower and when I brushed it, I could make a small bird's nest. Now only a few hairs are in my brush or in the shower drain. Phenomenal! My hairdresser even said "you've been taking care of your hair, I can tell, it doesn't break off as easily and it looks healthy" ... OK.. I didn't do ANYTHING different to my hair, but take this supplement. I told him that and he didn't believe me.

JOINTS: well I didn't take my glucosamine and chondroitin pills for two weeks and guess what, I don't need them anymore! I still have a twinge in my right hip and my left knee, but it is not painful, I can just tell I'm carrying too much weight on my body, but I'm working now to take the weight off to help that. No pill will do that, I have to do it for myself.

SKIN: I maybe have ONE zit a month, my skin used to be thin and ALWAYS cracking at the knuckles/fingers and so dry anything would give me a cut or scratch. Now my skin resists that, doesn't hurt as bad during the winter now, MUCH LESS thinner, more "thicker" and harder to cut or scratch, and feels more supple and fresher.

NOW...what else am I doing to help out my skin, hair, nails & joints?: Well, I JUST started drinking more water, eating more whole foods, cutting out the junk, and just started excising. I think that with this lifestyle change, as well as the collagen supplements, will help even further with the hair, skin, nails & joints!

THE CONS: You HAVE to take 6 big pills per day. I divide them up 3 in the AM, and 3 in the PM. That is the ONLY down side to this supplement.

Costco does sell it about $10 cheaper than Amazon, but you have to have a membership naturally. (Cost at the time of this posting is $19.99 at Costco, other than that, Amazon runs the next best price.

Is it worth it.. YUP! Just had to get used to taking all those pills.

Hope this helped someone. This is one supplement I will NEVER be without again, especially since I can see some awesome results. It won't be a life changer, but darn does it make it a lot better in these small, but important respects when your aging.
44 comments|179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2012
I have arthritis in my knees and hip from decades of harsh physical activity, and I have tried various collagen, Glucosamine Chondroitin, MSM, etc. formulations. This is by far the best. After only one bottle, a month's supply, I feel a noticeable improvement in these joints.

I also notice that my fingernail have become significantly thicker and stronger. They have always been thin and I would unintentionally chew them as I sat at my desk. They are now so thick that I can't chew them off and I need to use a clipper, and I have to admit they look much better also.

Also, the lines in my face and around my eyes have filled in, and my skin looks more healthy. People have commented that I look younger. I can't wait to see what the effects will be after six months!

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that I did not purchase this product through Amazon but instead from Costco (to shop at Costco you need to be a member, $55/yr, but the price of most products is quite a bit lower than here).

--------------------------------------

Here's the information the manufacturer provides about this product:

Collagen is your body's key structural protein integrally involved in creating strong and healthy nails, hair, tendons, bones, muscle, and keeping your skin smooth.

During our youth, collagen helps prevent wrinkles from forming, gives skin elasticity, helps create strong and thicker hair.
In our early 20's collagen diminishes by about 1% per year. By the age of 30, the signs of collagen reduction have started to become visible. And the reduction in bones and joints begins to be felt.

Collagen 1 & 3 are the main collagen types in connective tissue. Vitamin C assists the body in the manufacture of collagen, the protein that binds cells together and is the building block of connective tissues throughout the body. Collagen is critical to the formation and ongoing health of the skin, cartilage, ligaments and other bodily tissues and structures.

Collagen Type 2 is a significant part of your body's cartilage with naturally occurring hyaluronic acid for joint cushioning and lubrication. Hyaluronic acid and collagen are vital structural components of the skin. Chondroitin sulfate, also naturally occurring, may provide anti-inflammatory support.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Suggested Use:
Take 3 tablets twice a day.

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 6 Tablets (6 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 65
Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:
Calories 26 - **, Total Fat 0 g - 0%, Cholesterol 0 g - 0%, Sodium 10 mg - 1%, Total Carbohydrates 0 g - 0%, Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate) 60 mg - 100%, Protein (Collagen Type 1, 2 & 3) 6 g - **.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**No daily values established.

Other Ingredients:
Collagen 1, 2 & 3 (containing varying amounts of chondroitin and hyaluronic acid), Calcium Ascorbate and Magnesium Stearate.
Dietary Supplement is free of Corn, Wheat, Yeast, Starch, Sugar, Fat, or Dairy Products.
Amino acid values below represent typical averages for edible hydrolyzed collagen, are not added or combined and are for informational purposes only.

Alanine 8.3%, Arginine 8.5%, Aspartic Acid 5.5%, Glutamic Acid 11.4%, Glycine 19.8%, Histidine 1.3%, Hydroxylsine 0.5%, Hydroxyproline 11.7%, Isoleucine 1.5%, Leucine 3.0%, Lysine 3.4%, Methionine 0.7%, Phenylalanine 2.0%, Proline 13.3%, Threonine 1.8%, Tyrosine 0.7%, Valine 2.2%, Serine 3.0%.
55 comments|171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2012
I bought this on a whim at costco. I was definitely noticing a difference after about 3 weeks in my complexion. Then I figured out that if I started crushing the pills up or chewing them the difference is practically instant. It is way easier to stomach this if you chew them up with vitamin c.

So at the end of my bottle, within the last week, my mom told me how clear my skin looks, my aunt told me i look healthy and happy and my boyfriend said I'm glowing...and no I'm not pregnant lol.
Bottom line-I would recommend this to anyone who wants to bring back their youth a little bit. I literally feel like I look 5 years younger after my first bottle.
44 comments|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2013
I am a 40 y.o. Black female. You may have heard the expression "black don't crack" - referring to the way black skin ages without wrinkling the way Anglo skin does. Black may not crack - but it sure does sag. I started taking collagen supplements 3 yrs ago to fend off sagging & slow down thinning hair.

I switched to youtheory Collagen supplements when my local Costco stopped selling NeoCell Super Collagen Type I & III + Vitamin C - 350 Tablets. I only take 3 once/day on empty stomach. No queasiness ever. these pills go down better than NeoCell because they're slightly smaller & don't smell. Great results with both products. Slowed down excessive winter hair shedding (thinning hair isn't thinning any more), my nails grow faster, my cuticles don't peel during winter like they used to, my boobs are lush again. No I'm not saying the pills reverse gravity but my cup size is back to normal. I had an alarming season of sagging & shrinkage (maybe hormonally induced) that I think the collagen helped me recover from.

As for the facial skin benefits I must admit I can't tell. I mean my mom is aging very well and I am Black. But I will say this. I've got these stretch marks on my upper arm that have faded in the last 3 years. About as long as I've been taking collagen. Could be a connection. I think it's definitely worth the cost.

*** 2/22/2013 Update ***

More good news. I purchased a bottle for my 50 y.o. husband to help his arthritic knee. After 3 to 4 weeks of taking the recommended dosage (3 pills twice a day) he said he definitely noticed his knee didn't hurt as much after playing soccer. He has to get cortisone shots every 3 months or so for pain. Maybe this will help the effects of that shot last longer?

After 4 to 6 weeks, he said he noticed the thinning/balding spot on the back of his head is growing thicker. The pills make him constipated so he has to drink LOTS of water. But he's definitely seeing results.

*** 10/2015 update ***
Yep still takin em just Not consistently as I should but I'm about to get back on track b.c. winter is coming along with winter shedding. By the way the huzz stopped taking pills long time ago bc it no longer helped his bum knee. But he's overdue for a knee replacement. Some things a lil collagen supplement can't fix.
99 comments|154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
I am in my seventies and my knees were starting to sound like snap, crackle and pop. After a few months of this collagen at least 90% of that issues has been resolved.
on June 27, 2013
This product is just plain awesome, my face and skin flawless. Will keep using this product. It also has helped me with pain in my knees, I suffer with RA, I have no pain now.
on July 5, 2014
I, like other folks, purchased this at Costco, it's much cheaper there. I tried it as a lark, half for my joints, half for my skin. I do have good skin for my age, but it still doesn't change the fact that I'm 46 and there are some forehead lines and the crease between my eyebrows and just some generalized "non-plumped" looking skin. I have to say I'm getting toward the bottom of my first bottle and it has truly made a very noticeable difference. My husband just keeps staring at me and tells my how good I look over and over again. I'm still not used to seeing my current reflection in the mirror, I just look so different to myself. I would say the forehead lines are down about 70%. Same with the "asscrack" as I call it between my eyebrows. Overall my skin seems "thicker" and "plumper." I do take the recommended dosage of two tablets with every meal. I don't think it would make any difference if you took 3 in the morning and 3 at night. After reading all the reviews about how huge the pills were I was a little concerned. But really, I don't get what all the fuss is about. I've taken calcium pills that were bigger. If you have any issues with swallowing large pills, these may not be for you. I did chew them once, but I don't recommend that, the taste isn't great, but most of the pill was ground up and stuck in my molars for hours. They have helped my joints as well, but I really don't care. My face looks so amazing I'll be taking this supplement forever. And it's pretty inexpensive too, around $19 at Costco. What a concept, something that's cheap yet effective. Fantastic.
on March 27, 2015
I bought these at Costco and I had to write a review because the results I've seen are insane. I am 29 years old and have way more fine lines than someone my age should. I researched this product and have been taking 6 pills a day for about two months now. Just in the last week I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. I've been used to waking up in the morning looking in the mirror and saying "ugh" as I look at my rough aging skin. Now when I look in the mirror I am almost shocked because I am expecting to see that aging sluggish face and I swear these pills have erased 5 years of my life! My boyfriend doesn't know that I have been taking them. The other night I caught him staring at me and he said "you look different. Younger. Did you get botox and not tell me??" I told him I had been taking collagen. The next night I caught him staring again and I asked why he was staring again. He said "collagen eh? Maybe I should pick some of that stuff up. Your face looks so smooth and young". Woooo!! It takes a while to notice results but stick with it. It's worth it in the end.

Side note I also started oil cleansing (do a google search) and it has changed my life. I struggled with adult acne for years and immediately was saved by oil cleansing. I also use oz naturals serum at night with hydraluic acid and vitamin c. I'm so pleased with my results. Thank you!!!
on December 11, 2012
I took one 120 tablet bottle and started on the second. I am a 60 year old black woman. My hair has grown at least five to six inches in the past six months. This is probably three times what it would have grown on its own. My hair is longer than its ever been in my life and it is gorgeous. I LOVE this product
on February 13, 2014
I read all the reviews to make sure that there were not other side effects for this product which I have taken for 6 months. I had to laugh at all the people who complained about difficulty swallowing them. These are vanilla flavored and all you have to do is chew them up. They taste like vanilla mints..

So please if you are trying to swallow these large pills whole, don't.. just chew them up before you swallow them.

I have read that there can be a problem with elevated calcium from taking supplemental collagen, so if you have cramping, nausea, vomiting or cardiac symptoms stop them and get you calcium check. Elevated calcium can be a serious problems with cardiac complications.
44 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse