5.0 out of 5 stars ATT in the hills of KY
Published on September 13, 2009 by John E. Teodozow

3.0 out of 5 stars Wireless extenders zboost yx026-cel 11 dbi of gain
Signal was bad.I was lucky to have 1 bar on my cell phone.Calls were droped alot.After I installed the antenna 2 to 4 bars most of the time.There are times signals are still bad.However I'm better off with it than without.I have ATT wireless.

Wireless Extenders zBoost YX026-CEL Directional
Published on July 28, 2010 by Steve Srader

5.0 out of 5 stars ATT in the hills of KY, September 13, 2009
This review is from: zBoost YX026-CEL Directional Outdoor Signal Antenna (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This thing made ALL the difference!! 0-1 bars at my home, now 4-5!! Just for kicks during the install of my zboost I tried to use the antenna that came in the package, no real luck, if you have poor signal outside of your house you NEED the Yagi!! Take the time and set this thing up right, find some tips and tricks on Google. If you have a BlackBerry, try this: click on settings, then click on Options and finally click on Status. There should be a signal strength there displayed in a negative number. Mine right now as I sit here is -85 (about 4 bars) the lower the number the stronger the signal. This can help you during install set your phone about 5 feet from your zboost as you point your antenna. Also be sure and mount your Yagi on a pole, that way you can "tweek" the direction it is pointed...I used an old Satellite dish, took the dish off and used the mount, bolted it to the side of the house and BAM, good to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hygain Antenna, September 21, 2010
Being a Ham Radio Operator and in electronics repair for a major air carrier for 30 years I know the benefits of a good antenna. This HyGain Antenna coupled with my Zboost Cell Phone Booster made all the difference in good reception and great reception and at the right price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Extender -- zBoost, November 25, 2010
Our vacation home in Moon Canyon never had a good cell signal (1 bar, or none). We installed the zBoost Directional Outdoor signal antenna and the zBoost YX510-CEL. Voila: now we get 3 bar and sometimes 4 bar signal. Not only do our cell-phones work better, but when we hook up Verizon's MIFI to our computer, we are now able to get high-speed internet coverage, via the cell signal. This product works extremely well and we highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great !, November 15, 2012
I read a few reviews about the antenna signal strength that comes with the YX545 wasn't very strong, so I bought this Directional antenna also. They were shipped separately, the Zboost came first, so I set up the package and installed the antenna on the roof. I could only get 4 - 5 bars in the room where the receiver is. And my wife's new iphone was not connecting well at all. 4 days later the YX026-CEL Directional arrived, and I took it up on the roof, removed the original one, and connected the YX026. Outside my house I get 3 - 4 bars. 60 foot high trees surround my property, and cell reception is on a fringe area. When I went back into the house I got 5 bars on my cell phone (Motorola razor, 5 years old) in every room (1100 sq ft ranch with garage under) in the house. I was impressed. I really didn't think it would work this well. I then went downstairs to my office, I still got 5 bars, then I went into the garage, and still got 5 bars. I called my home phone, called a couple of friends to check for voice quality, etc, and had a good connection. When my wife came home, her phone connection worked perfectly also.
As a matter of fact, we get a better signal inside our house than we do outside, in our yard.

5.0 out of 5 stars great! it really works!, December 13, 2010
Joseph Meiring "jmei" (Columbia, SC United States) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased the zboost cell repeater, hoping to do away with the land line. I had about 0-1 bars of signal at best before. I could ocasionally send a text, and never make calls. The stock omnidirectional antenna on the zboost was better, but still lots of dropped calls and disconnecting. With this antenna mounted on the roof everything works great! Highy recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT for the yx545, November 18, 2011
I ordered this antenna only to realize that it is not for use with the zboost yx545 as it seems many people are ordering it for. The paper that comes with the yx545 even shows this antenna is for the yx500 model and is not dual band. It may work sort of for the yx545 but if you want to use the full dual band capability...buy the correct antenna. Rating it 4 starts as the unit seemed constructed well but was missing the RG59 adapter that the parts list claimed it came with. The short cable on the antenna is male as is the 50' of cable that comes with the yx545 so I would have had to purchase that adapter additionally to even connect it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wireless extenders zboost yx026-cel 11 dbi of gain, July 28, 2010

Wireless Extenders zBoost YX026-CEL Directional

5.0 out of 5 stars Great antennae., December 29, 2013
This is our 4th kind of antennae. I am happy to say it works the best. We live ina Canyon about 10 miles from the nearest cell tower.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings in the signal, May 21, 2011
With this antenna and a zBoost 545 cell extender combination it took a 1 an 2 bar Verizon and AT&T signal to 4 and 5 bars constant. Now I can use my cell all the time where before it was useless. The unit worked so well at my house that my friend purchased the same combination and we installed it at his house with better results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertized, October 2, 2013
I used the Root Metrics Coverage Map to locate the nearest AT&T tower, and I pointed the antenna at it. I didn't use the the tuning instructions. The antenna is mounted on a metal mast in my attic, and the booster is on the second floor of the house with about 25 feet of lateral separation.

Prior to the installation, I could sometimes get a signal on the side of the house closest to the tower, but the other side was completely dead. Since installing the system I have full bars on the side farthest from the tower, and calls are rarely dropped. Ironically, the coverage on the side of the house closes to the towers is sometimes spotty, I believe because my phone will sometimes connect directly with the tower rather than the booster.

The system, and this antenna are worth every penny.

Rate and Discover Movies