Works with Cingular, Verizon and Alltel cellular wireless phones in the frequency range of 824 - 894 MHz.
Designed as a whole-house/office solution for improving your cellular phone signal, the Wireless Extenders YX500/PCS zBoost zP Wireless Booster can extend cellular coverage up to 2500 square feet. This YX500/CEL model works with all phones on the 800 MHz frequency, including compatibility with AT&T and Verizon. The package includes everything you need: amplifier base unit, power supply, base unit antenna, low-loss SATV coaxial cable (RG6), signal antenna and mounting hardware. The omni-directional signal antenna receives signals from multiple cell towers.
Improve your cell signal with the YX500/CEL--perfect for boosting the signal of AT&T and Verizon frequencies up to 2500 square feet.
Using a revolutionary, patent pending technology that protects the carrier network, the YX500/PCS improves indoor cell phone coverage by capturing and repeating the outside signal, bringing it into the building and enhancing it. This process creates a "Cell Zone" in your home or office. The Wireless Extenders zBoost system includes:
- Outdoor antenna (repeats the signal) can be installed outdoors above the roofline or indoors in the attic or near a window
- Coax cable (RG6- ultra low-loss, DBS satellite) connects from the outdoor antenna to the base unit
- Base unit: Sleekly designed, it amplifies the signal and provides oscillation detection/correction which protects the carrier network using patent-pending technology.
- Indoor antenna connects to the base unit to repeat the signal and create "Cell Zone"--no physical connection to the phone is needed.
Choosing the best location for installation of the Signal Antenna provides the best performance and the largest area of improved signal. Determine the location that provides the strongest signal using the signal strength indicator on your cell phone. For the best reception, find the location that provides the most bars of signal strength and locate the Signal Antenna at that location.
- US Cellular 800/850 MHz band
- Uplink: 824 - 849 MHz
- Downlink: 869 - 894 MHz
- Network formats: CDMA, GSM, TDMA, AMPS, GPRS, EDGE, 1xRTT, EVDO, HSDPA
- Total Signal Gain: 60dB (adaptive)
- Output Power: less than 0.5 Watt EiRP (w/ included antenna)
- Unit weight: 1 pound
- Unit size: 5 x 7 x 2 inches
- Power input: 100-120 VAC 60 Hz
- Power output: 5VDC, 1.5A
- Signal antenna cable: Outdoor rated 75 ohm DBS satellite coaxial cable, Type-F male
- Base unit antenna: 50 ohm, TNC male
Note: If you need coverage for a Sprint or T-Mobile phone (800 MHz spectrum), check out the YX500/PCS
or the dual-band YX510
--which covers both the 800 MHz and 1900 MHz spectrums.
Will the Wi-Ex YX500-PCS or the YX500-CEL unit work with any wireless service?
The Wi-Ex YX500-PCS unit will work only in the PCS frequency range (1850 â" 1990 MHz), and the Wi-Ex YX500-CEL will only work in the Cellular frequency range (824 â" 896 MHz).
Cell phones from providers like Cricket, Metro PCS, Suncom, T-Mobile, and Sprint (excludes Nextel) normally work with our YX500-PCS model, and cell phones from providers like AT&T and Verizon will normally work with the YX500-CEL model. Most of the wireless phones in use today are in the PCS or the Cellular frequencies. Some wireless service providers are PCS only while others will operate in the Cellular and PCS frequencies. This varies from city to city. If your service provider shows both 800 and 1900 MHz the YX500-CEL will probably work. If your service provider shows only the 1900MHz, the YX500-PCS booster will work.