Designed for use in single-story settings, the zBoost Metro YX540iP iPhone signal booster boosts indoor signal up to 1500 square feet for multiple users. The zBoost Metro iP is optimized for use with Apple iPhone and supports any cellular mobile device, including mobile broadband devices that use the 800 and 1900 MHz frequencies--including AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and Sprint (but not Nextel phones).
Take full advantage of your iPhone's voice, data and internet services, including 3G high-speed data, streaming video, instant messaging, sending pictures, and more. Easy installation: Package includes everything you need: Base Unit, Base Antenna, low-loss cable (35' of RG-59), Window-mount Signal Antenna and Power Supply. Includes multiple patented and patent pending technologies to provide low-cost coverage while continually adapting to signals to prevent interference and remain transparent to the wireless network.
Easy to set up: First, place the Signal Antenna on the interior of a window located in the area of best signal. Then, place the base unit in the area of your home where you want to strengthen cell signal.
zBoost Metro YX540iP Base Station.
- Boosts indoor signal coverage up to 1500 square feet
- The zBoost Metro iP is optimized for use with Apple iPhone and supports any cellular mobile device, including mobile broadband devices, that use the 800 and 1900 MHz frequencies--including AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and Sprint (but not Nextel phones).
- Increases voice and data transmission; decreases dropped or missed calls
- Supports multiple users simultaneously
- Perfect for single story settings--no outside antenna placement required, no vertical antenna separation needed
- No cradle or connections to your phone
- Extends phone battery life (uses less power when signal is stronger)
- Protects the carrier network using patented technology
- Networks: CDMA, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, EVDO, 1xRTT, UMTS, HSPA, 3G
- Dimensions (base station): 5 x 7 x 1.25 inches
What's in the Box:
zBoost Metro YX540 amplifier base unit, power supply, base unit antenna, coaxial cable (RG59-mini), signal antenna and mounting hardware
The zBoost Metro YX540iP Signal Antenna.
Before placing a zBoost Metro in your home, make sure that you can place calls near the window or wherever you plan to place the Signal Antenna. zBoost can only bring signal into your home when signal reaches the Signal Antenna.
Using your cell phone, place a call near this location to confirm that enough signal is present to complete the call. If you can reliably make and receive calls at that location then zBoost can bring the signal into your home. If only one signal bar is displayed on your cell phone, indoor coverage will be limited to one small room. Place the Signal Antenna on the interior of a window located in the area of best signal.
Proceed through the following steps to set up the zBoost Metro:
Determine the location that provides the strongest signal using the signal strength indicator on your cell phone. Choose the suction cup attachments appropriate for your setting (short or long), fasten to the Signal Antenna, and secure to your window.
In order to capture the strongest signal, you may do one or all of the following:
- Move the antenna around the window-higher is usually better.
- Use the long suction cup attachments provided in order to create a greater angle in which to capture the signal. The suction cups must be vertical on the window.
- For best performance keep the Signal Antenna 2 feet from any metal.
Place the zBoost Base Unit where you want to create a Cell Zone™
Connect the Base Antenna and coax to the Base Unit and place it where you need signal. For the widest possible signal area, it is recommended that you position the Base Unit 8ft straight out from the window antenna. The zBoost Metro does not require vertical separation; however, the Signal Antenna and Base Unit Antenna should have at least 8 feet of horizontal separation.
Connect the zBoost Base Unit to the provided power supply and plug into a power outlet
Upon initial power up, a solid green LED should appear indicating normal conditions. If a red light appears, adjustments may be needed.
|Frequency: ||Uplink:1850 to 1910 MHz Downlink:1930 to 1990 MHz |
|System Gain: ||54dB |
|PCS band supported: ||A, D, B, E, F, C |
|Networks: ||CDMA, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, EVDO, 1xRTT, UMTS, HSPA, 3G || |
|Frequency: ||Uplink: 824 to 849 MHz Downlink: 869 to 894 MHz |
|System Gain: ||52dB |
|Cellular band supported: ||A, B, A’, B’ |
|Networks: ||CDMA, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, EVDO, 1xRTT, UMTS, HSPA, 3G |
|Power Consumption – Power Supply Current: ||3W standby; 7W max signal - 2.0A Max |
|Wall Supply Input ; Voltage: ||100-240VAC 50-60 Hz ; 5.0VDC |
|System Certifications: ||FCC Parts 15 & 24 (PCS) and Parts 15 & 22 (CEL), Industry Canada |
|Base Unit Size and Weight: ||5” x 7” x 1.25” – 9 oz. |
|Operating Conditions: ||Indoor Use Only (40 O- 105O F) |
|Coverage (open areas) ||Over 1500 sq ft in ideal conditions |
Product coverage is limited by setup and antenna isolation. Handles all PCS or CEL protocols and includes multiple patent pending technologies to provide low-cost coverage while continually adapting to signals to prevent interference nd remain transparent to the wireless network. Provides an indicator if the antennae are positioned improperly, but will NOT suffer damage or interfere with the Carrier Network.