5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Game, Nice AI, Very Good Music
This game lived up to its description, and is one of the better games offered by Amazon in general (the last couple of weeks has seen some amazing apps being offered, which itself is unusual).

Red Weed has a "steampunk" feel to the graphics and decor, as well as the music, although with a Theremin twist to it. Except for the network access requirement, there...
Published 24 months ago by Robert Reese

3.0 out of 5 stars It is okay!
A game which derives the game-play from the old board game and later an arcade game known as Ataxx, slimewars reversi etc whatever you call it. The presentation is good and runs fine on Kindle fire. The game does not fully utilize the whole screen and there is no exit button. While the game is okay it is not really anything out of the ordinary.

While I do...
Published 24 months ago by rbhatta

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Its similar to Othello, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
If you like games like Othello or Black & White then you will like this game. I think the graphics are pretty good too. I like how the grass sways like its in the wind. It runs pretty good on my nexus 7 as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad game. Easily worth $2., January 3, 2013
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
You are buying a board game that resembles games like Othello or Go, but with rules of its own. The music, art and play is great. The game itself is rather fun. You'll have fun for at least an hour with this game. Give it to a elementry-aged child and he or she may spend longer.

Minor complaints:
- The AI for the game is not that challenging. I beat every level on all three difficulties and was unable to discern the difference between Easy, Normal, and Hard AI modes while playing. I could frequently count on the AI making dumb mistakes on Hard difficulty.
- There's a weird issue with the achievements. I beat every level on every difficulty, but the achievement system didn't register most of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun app, January 3, 2013
Pawprints (West Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
I just downloaded this tonight, so this won't be the most in-depth review, but so far, it's a fun little time-waster. The graffics are nice and there's no lag. As you progress, it requires you to plan ahead as you make your moves, otherwise, you end up giving your spaces over because of a poorly planned move. Others commented that the tutorial isn't detailed enough. I didn't see an issue with it, and understood what to do pretty quickly, but maybe that's because I played Othello when I was a kid. Anyway, it's a nice little game. Thanks for offering it up as a freebie today!

2.0 out of 5 stars No exit, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
Yes I know you can hit the home button and leave it running. The thing is I don't want to. There should always be an exit button so we don't have to goto the task manager to force close any app.

Otherwise this game is pretty neat, I'm slowly getting the hang of it even though I keep losing or at best getting a tie.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and easy, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
I beat this game on normal in about twenty minutes. It's fun, but just way too short at the time being. Also the AI makes the exact same moves when you replay a level so you can actually learn their pattern and take them out within 15 seconds. When I noticed that, the game became broken for me because I was winning in about 6 moves. The graphics and music in this game are nice, I just don't feel like I could rate such a quick and easy game higher than 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Ataxx gane with personality, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
One thing I miss about the old Ataxx arcade game is the personality. All the Ataxx-type games I've seen since are fairly stodgy board type games. Well this one has terriffic personality; music, sound effects, animation, and ZGames updates it regularly with tweaks and new levels. The AI is no great shakes, but it has hot-seat to pass and play with friends, and the last update looks like they may be gearing up for online play. How about it, ZGames? Take me to your leaderboard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun twist on the classic game, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
In Red Weed you are supposed to dominate the red grass by placing green grass next to it. It is fun and rather addictive, and the graphics are really good. Don't miss the chance to download, or you will regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars itiot inventors, April 19, 2014
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
the inventer is an idiot and we wanted the actor liam neeson is what we looked up not red weed. he is a dumbo i mean the inventer by the way. trust me i have used the app it is stupid. do not buy this app what so ever. even if it would save every thing you love. the app app almost made me through my kindle through the window. and we would not like that so do not buy this app.

1.0 out of 5 stars another mindless game, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
Very repetitive,boring .don't waste your time and money,only if you want to be entertained by a numbness of the mind

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat Game, December 24, 2013
This review is from: Red Weed (App)
Graphics are nice. It's a neat strategy game - similar to the Othello board game. No regrets on my purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›