Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 24, 2011 8:47:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2011 8:52:31 AM PST
Zojirushi EC-BD15BAFresh Brew Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker

I received one of these coffee makers as a gift for Christmas and have been using it about 2 weeks.

It makes a great pot of coffee and the thermal carafe works well.

However I did notice 2 - 4 oz of water on my counter each time I used it and I thought the leak was caused during the brewing process. However over the weekend in an effort to see where the leaking was coming from, I filled it to the top and then did not make any coffee.

Three hours later when I went back to the kitchen the water level was on 4 cups and my counter and floor were flooded with what was probably about 30 oz of clear water.

It appears the leak was coming from the bottom of the reservoir and that the reason it had only leaked smaller amounts before then was due to the fact that I made the coffee immediately upon filling the reservoir which diminished the time for leakage to occur.

Has anyone else encountered this same problem.

I contacted Zojirushi this morning and they indicated the only recourse was to ship the coffee maker to one of their service centers and it appears I will have to do that at my own expense although I have requested a shipping label from them.

I am wondering how prevalent this leakage problem is and whether other people have had the same problem.

The coffee maker makes good coffee, much better than other coffee makers I have owned, but the leakage problem is an inconvenience.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jan 24, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2011

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Zojirushi EC-BD15 Fresh Brew Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
Zojirushi EC-BD15 Fresh Brew Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker by Zojirushi
3.5 out of 5 stars   (1,786)