Zune 30 GB Digital Media Player (Black)
Used & New from: $109.95
zune won't turn on We bought my daughter a zune for her birthday and it won't turn on. she said she loaded the software and charged it and it says it is charging but it will not turn on. Any suggestions?
asked by T. Harris on November 30, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 47 answers
A
I have the same problem. Got my Zune today and nothing. The battery icon stays on the screen even when it is unplugged. Guess the price was too good to be true.
R. Reno answered on December 3, 2007
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
OKAY -- I went back to Zune's Support website and reread everything again. Like I said before, I got mine on Christmas and it stopped working today suddenly.... I tried the whole lock/unlock thing but what worked was going to Zune's support website.

BUT this worked for me ::::: It said to put the Zune to unlock, hold down the BACK button AND UP at the same time until it reboots -- it worked for me hopefully it will work for you!! Good luck to you!
K. Gardini answered on January 2, 2008
Comment | 18 of 18 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Got my Zune yesterday and I'm having the exact same problem. I hope one of us can figure it out and post a solution here!
R. Fair answered on December 4, 2007
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I, too, had this problem. I called Zune support and after 15 min of trying to restart/reload the software they told me I have to send it back for repair. They are sending me a shipping box and said it will take about 15 days for a return. It had some charge in the battery when I opened the box but would never take a charge and the software on my computer could never see the Zune. After a day of trying to charge it the screen went to the plug icon and would not turn on or off.
Leslie W. Black answered on December 5, 2007
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You were lucky they got to the point in 15 mins. They made me go through a battery charge and drain which took two days before they issued a repair order. Repair order for a New device ? They should be sending us a replacement first. Its going to be about a four to six weeks before I can use my brand new ZUNE ! It sucks big time.
Shree answered on December 5, 2007

A
I just got a new zune. I plugged it in to charge it and it never charged, it was stuck on the charging screen. I called zune and they want me to drain the battery, by holding down the play button until the device says low battery. It is supposed to take 15 minutes. Then they want me to recharge it again. At least the customer support was fairly quick. I'm hoping this battery is going to drain soon. It's been 8 minutes.
M. Miller answered on December 21, 2007

A
To help you all: Moments ago this happened to me. Connect the Zune to your computer. Immediately, hold down the play button and while holding it down lock the Zune. Then continue to hold the play button, then press the center button, and the back button (do not let go) as you onlock the Zune with the other hand. The battery charger icon will appear. Then sign into your Zune account, see if the device appears. If not, wait until the update software comes on and update software to 2.3. Within minutes, mine started to work. Hope this helps you all; and good luck!
C. Davis answered on January 21, 2008
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Everything is working great now. Once the battery drained, I was able to recharge it. Apparently there is a charging error sometimes before you get the new software update on your zune. It only happens when you first get your zune. The person I talked to at Zune was very knowledgable. They are working out great for my 6 and 8 year old. Perfect gift at the $90 price I got them for. :)
M. Miller answered on December 26, 2007
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I ended up sending mine back to Amazon. They were super-cool about it, shipped out a replacement via 1-day the same day, and I should have a new ZUne by the time I get how from work today. We'll see if I fare any better this time around.
R. Fair answered on December 6, 2007
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If it's connected to the computer - close the software to be able to use the functions on the Zune. If it's not connected. make sure the small slider button on top is in unlocked position. A good idea is to fully charge the battery initially then not to let it run out after that. When at home and using the computer, connect the Zune and let it charge, won't do it any harm.
Lologuy answered on December 20, 2007
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

See all questions about this product