Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on November 20, 2012
 How fast and easy it is to install this great water saving device. I installed 3 thru-out my house in all the bathroom sinks. Should pay for themselves in about 2 months. Will update my review in a few months, to report back the savings, but going from 2.0 GPM to 0.5 GPM is pretty much a no brainier, you will use less water, and you will therefor save money. This video shows how easy it is to switch them out, and what the water flow looks like before and after install. Thanks for watching, and add them on your next order from amazon!!!
108 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on May 6, 2017
My water bill went down $40 a month. I installed these in all the bathrooms and also the kitchen faucet. I'm one of those people who does a thorough prewash of dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I have a faucet head that has a regular mode and sprayer mode, I attached this to it, it eliminates the regular mode, but the spray allows much more water on the occasions when I'm filling the coffee pot etc and need more water faster. It's a pain, and my husband hates it, but the proof is in the pudding. I definitely think it's worth the savings, especially in the bathrooms. I would recommend only using it on a kitchen faucet with a dual setting though so you have the option for more water when you need it or need to fill up the sink.
2 people found this helpful
on November 27, 2013
The product does what it should, but the ultra-low flow could make it unsuitable for some users. Specifically, if you have a long run from your hot water heater to the faucet where this is installed, it can take a loooooooong time for the hot water to arrive. It's great for the half-bath in our basement, which is close to the water heater and is used only for handwashing, but I go with 1.0 and 1.5 gpm flow aerators in the rest of the house.
9 people found this helpful
on July 10, 2013
Pros:
-Dual Threads for easy installation, gaskets provided for both
-Low Price
-0.5 GPM saves $$$
-Decently well built
-Cone spray pattern, good for washing hands
-More than enough water flow for hand washing and filling cups

Cons:
-Chromed Plastic, wont last as long as the fixture (But will surely last at least a few years, and for this price its more of a gripe!)
-Noisy, Quiet when the handle isn't open far but once you crank it up it starts to make a dull squealing (Again more of a gripe but this may set you off.)(Also note that for my particular faucet, opening the taps more than a quarter turn or so doesn't increase flow but does trigger the noise, probably due to a flow regulator)
-External threads may show depending on your installation, mine do
-Chromed plastic doesn't match the chromed metal faucet its installed on (Again, more of a gripe. it really isn't that far off on my installation but it is noticeable if you look for it. your installation might be different)

Overall:
I would recommend this to anyone looking to save some money. Just beware that although this product is very very good, it has its price for a reason. Its definitely not the best on the market and for this price you shouldn't be expecting the best, but again it is very very good! (A word of warning, this IS plastic so regular old "hand tight" should do it, no need to crank it down, just a little past snug should do it and you dont want more than that or it might crack or strip the threads out!)
Top Contributor: Watcheson February 8, 2013
This review will be about 2 aerators, because I ordered and installed them together - 1.0GPM and 0.5GPM (THIS PRODUCT), they both look the same, the only difference I see - 1GPM aerator has slightly bigger holes on the bottom. After receiving big electric bill again I thought, what could I do to save more money? I already use CFL and LED lamps, timers for outlets and other tricks, so the only thing I could really give a try - low-flow aerators, because bathroom and kitchen taps run a lot of hot water when I really don't need so much constant flow to brush my teeth or wash plates. After reading reviews, I ordered "Niagara 1.0 GPM aerator" for the kitchen and "0.5 GPM Low Flow Dual-Thread Faucet Aerator" for the bathroom sink. I'm pleased with both products, they definitely help to use much less water than standard aerators I used before (2.25GPM). 0.5GPM aerator makes enough flow to washing hands, brushing teeth, shaving, but it wouldn't be enough for me for kitchen - it could work for rinsing plate, but washing deep skillet or big bowl would take much longer time than before. Fortunately, for kitchen I got 1.0GPM - it works fine for washing dishes. Because of design, both aerators make strong flow pressure even with such low flow, but their technical max. flow is probably measured with really high pressure in the plumbing. They're supposed to be 0.5 and 1.0 GPM, but when I measured real waterflow opening faucets to the maximum, I got only about 0.36 and 0.8 GPM accordingly as a result. Water pressure in my plumbing isn't great, but it' not very low, I'd tell it's about average or a little less. So if you don't have good pressure in your plumbing, be ready that these aerators will not produce max. water flow. I paid about 10 bucks for both of these aerators, and I'm pretty sure they will save me much more money.
on September 13, 2012
These really work, are super simple to install, and save a ton of money. I purchased 8 for all the bathroom faucets in my house and it took about 15 minutes to install them all.

After a (3 month) $600 water bill I needed to do something to save water. I spent a total of $170 on 8 of these low flow faucet aerators, 4 ONE2FLUSH Dual Flush Toilet Conversion Kits, 3 Niagara Earth Massage 1.25GPM Low flow showerheads. I then monitored my water usage for a month compared to my previous 3 months. It was nearly half the volume of water! My outside faucets are on a different meter so it's unrelated to any type of outside watering.

I estimate that my $170 investment will be paid off in my first water bill and will save from $700 to $1000 per year from that point on. Buy this!
on July 29, 2013
These are available at a fraction the price elsewhere on Amazon. (Prices on each listing go up/down frequently, so don't complain to me if one of the listings is more/less expensive when you are shopping.) Get 6 for the price of 2:

6-PACK 0.5 GPM Low Flow Dual-Thread Faucet Aerator - Kitchen and Bath

Or get 12 for the price of 4:

12-PACK Niagara 0.5 gpm Faucet Aerator N3205N

Though much more expensive and hard to find here, there are even lower-flow aerators available:

Zurn G68012 .35 gpm Low Flow Spray Outlet
Zurn G68013 .35 gpm Low Flow Spray Outlet
Zurn G68014 .35 gpm Vandal-Resistant Spray Outlet
Zurn G68015 .35 gpm Vandal-Resistant Spray Outlet

Niagara should really redesign the spray pattern. I can't imagine why they thought this one would be good. The product photo (now removed by Amazon) shows a nice uniform vertical column, like most aerators, but that's NOT what you get. Instead, it spreads out in a wide cone spray pattern, more like a shower head than a faucet. This is very inconvenient, wasting half the water when washing a toothbrush, and similar. If the threads weren't different, I'd assume I got a shower head by accident.

I like Niagara's 1.25GPM and 1.5GPM shower heads, so I figured this aerator was a no-brainer. Sadly, they found an unexpected way to ruin what should have been a superb product.

For the cheap price, and water savings, I'm still reasonably happy with it. It's not horrible, but I will be first in-line to buy all-new replacements if Niagra ever properly redesigns the spray pattern of this aerator.

Another problem is the noisy regulator. This aerator is very loud if your faucet delivers much more than 0.5GPM. It isn't easy to give your faucet just 1/16th of a turn, so you'll always be overloading this thing. Fortunately, turning my water shutoff valves almost entirely off has reduced the water pressure to just the right level, but if that doesn't work for you, you'll have to tolerate the noise.

However, I found that it is easy to remove the pressure-regulator, which eliminates the noise and gives much more flow at higher pressure. Remove the black rubber washer, then get a fingernail or knife underneath the white plastic mesh screen and pull it off. The big black rubber cone in the center with the small hole is the noisy bit that keeps flow down to 0.5GPM. Remove that piece, then reassemble and connect the aerator, and you'll have the same high-pressure cone-pattern needle-spray without the noise, and with unlimited flow. That small modification makes this aerator practical for kitchen sinks and other applications that need more flow and powerful spray, but actually too powerful, and will splash water all over the place, if you don't turn-down the flow on your shut-off valves to limit this to just 1GPM or so, max.
2 people found this helpful
on June 29, 2011
I ordered this because my two and six year old boys love to wash their hands for extended amount of time and waste a lot of water. Normally you get a flow of 2 gpm thtough a standard faucet so there is a saving of 1.5 gpm with this 0.5 gpm aerator. Remember flow has significantly reduced to 75% of normal 2 gpm flow. I also ordered one 1 gpm aerator to compare both. Flow is much better with 1 gpm aerator but I am keeping both. I installed 0.5 gpm aerator in powder room as kids uses this faucet more. One thing I don't like is the way stream of water comes out of it. Instead of normal straight flow it spread like flow from a shower head which makes water to splash around more. May be it is by design to compensate for 75% reduced flow so you can still wash your hands. I think you can still wash your hands easily with this flow. I will recommend this if you are looking to reduced your water usage a lot. Consider 1 gpm aerator too if you want to reduced your water usage but not so crazy about going for a 75% reduction as 50 % reduction achieved with 1 gpm aerator is pretty significant too.
on August 7, 2012
We bought this aerator for use in our main bathroom. There is a noticable decrease in water flow, but there is still adequate water to wash hands. With an electric water heater we hope to see savings in both water and electricity. Due to the reduced flow it takes longer for warm water to make it to the faucet, so you may want to increase a higher flow aerator if in a home with longer pipes or consider adding a warm water circulator. Our sink is close to the water heater so we do not have much of an issue. The only problem we have had has been its been difficult to rinse toothbrushes off after brushing. With the switch to an ultrasonic toothbrush it has been less of an issue, but still takes a little more effort to ensure all of the toothpaste has been removed.
on May 1, 2015
We put this on the kitchen sink as that is where most of our water goes quickly down the drain. The spray action is perfect for hand dish washing. At first we thought it didnt fit as tne threads on the head are different from what we removed, but then we pushed thru the white sprayer section and inserted that into the faucet head and it worked perfectly.