Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

90%
10%
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on June 14, 2015
1000 Jewish Recipes has been my longtime favorite. This time, I bought a copy for my sister in law.
The recipes are delicious and mostly from scratch---very authentic. Also, there are sections that explain the differences between Sephardic /Middle Eastern traditions and the cooking of the Askenazi Jews from Eastern Europe. Faye Levy explains everything as she goes along, including specific foods for various Jewish holidays. She is a real pro as a cook and no wonder. Levy is a graduate of a famous French cooking.
on January 22, 2016
A valuable resource. I have used it for holidays and for Shabbat dinner, as well as just for interesting cooking options throughout the week. There is just enough narrative at the beginning of recipes to give you some history and some context for the recipe, but not so much that you feel bogged down.
on July 23, 2016
I like to try new recipes. While I was visiting my daughter we made a few dishes from her cookbook. I liked them so much that I came home and bought my own.
on June 28, 2013
If you want an alternative to the everyday meal, this cookbook will expand you cooking experiences. There is nothing to be afraid of, just follow the recipes and use the right ingredients and you will produce excellent dishes that will amaze even the best of cooks. So get into the kitchen, bang some pots and have fun while learning how to cook new cuisine.
on January 26, 2016
Girlfriend loves this recipe book. She's already found a bunch of recipes that are a bit different than how her family traditionally cooks.
on January 18, 2011
We had been to a friends house who had prepared a dish from this cook book. Since we liked it so much we tried to find another copy. It is great. All or most of the recipes have a letter to signify for Passover, meat, dairy (which is handy for glancing through for something new)Latkes, potato soup, and lentil soup are Great.
on January 28, 2016
Wonderful cookbook!
on April 21, 2014
I am loving this recipe book. I have not had a chance to make anything from it yet but I have marked several recipes I intent to try.
on November 25, 2015
Great recipes.
on March 22, 2015
Gift for my granddaughter in Jerusalem, Israel and she loved it