Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Nutech Digital)
Format: DVD|Change

on January 26, 2013
I don't know what the other reviewer was watching but this story is 49 minutes long, I don't know how you can scale it back to 40 minutes. It makes me laugh every time when people expect these kinds of short movies to be on par with Disney movies when Disney movies have millions and millions in the budget. Even the first Disney movies like Snow White or Bambi had millions in the budget and they came out in the 50s. This delightful story is animated by Burbank Films Australia. I think they're underrated in that they pushed out a lot of fine literary adaptions in a short amount of time and compared to the stuff you see on Cartoon Network these days I would rather watch any of the Burbank Films Australia over those. Sure it doesn't have all the Disney style musical numbers and talking animals, but do we really need that every time? I saw some nice details in this movie, nicely animated backgrounds, the nautilus looked pretty awesome and there was some humor sprinkled in which broke up the seriousness. Sure it probably isn't as political correct as all the cartoons are trying to be these days but I was entertained. The only thing is that this movie could have been remastered in sound and picture to make it more appealing but I seen a lot worse and even on a new HD tv it was not as bad as some older shows or movies I've seen. I hate to see this title get 1 star as it was just one reviewer who showed it to someone who is weened on today's masterpieces on Cartoon Network! -pun! For all of those who grew up on 60s,70s,80s cartoons I think it's well worth a shot and the price won't hit your wallet that hard.
on September 7, 2000
Before I actually saw it, I expected full sound and gorgeous visual from the DVD title as I did from other excellent DTS titles. In addition, the novel under the same name written by Jules Vernue, enchanted my whole life when I was young. This title with 40 minutes running time in DTS/Dolby Digital format is a total disappointment. First of all, the movie squeezed the great story down to 40 minute nonsense. There is no inspiration or excitement I got from reading the original novel. You can never have any kind of Disney style amusement. Neither DTS or DD track gives you any quality sound you may expect from an average DVD. It is just loud! Even my 5 year old daughter who was given the title as her 5th birthday gift, after viewing 15 minutes "Daddy, can I swap this with your Elvis?" Please do not waste your bucks on this.