- Series: 1,000 Recipes (Book 21)
- Hardcover: 640 pages
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; 1 edition (October 5, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470902574
- ISBN-13: 978-0470902578
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 1.9 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 17 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #829,804 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes (1,000 Recipes) Hardcover – October 23, 2012
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
An unmatched collection of delicious low-calorie recipes from the award-winning 1,000 Recipes series
This incredible cookbook is packed with tasty, low-calorie recipes that the whole family will love. The recipes cover every meal of the day and give home cooks an unparalleled variety of meals and ideas for eating healthfullyâfor a lifetime. Every recipe clocks in at less than 500 calories, but most are no more than 300 calories per serving. They're easy to make and take the guesswork out of portion control and calorie counting. Recipes include complete nutrition information, and full menus help home cooks maintain a balanced eating approachânaturally.
1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes covers finger foods and snacks; salads and soups; meat, poultry, fish, and vegetarian entrees; breads and muffins; and yes, even desserts and cocktails. You'll find rustic comfort foods like Five-Spice Turkey Chili, favorites like Pizza Margherita, main courses like Tart Apple-Stuffed Pork Loin, plus innovative recipes that will intrigue and satisfy you, like Caprese Salad Lasagna, Five-Spice Yam Frites, Brooklyn Lager Baked Beans, Homemade Pretzel Puffs, Fudgy Superfood Brownies, and Chocolate Mint Almond-tini.
- Written by Jackie Newgent, a well-respected Registered Dietitian and cookbook author who writes for and is interviewed by national media, such as The Dr. Oz Show, Cooking Light, Health, and Redbook, among others
- Includes clever advice on stocking a low-calorie pantry, maintaining a healthy weight, diet-friendly cooking, nutritious ingredient substitutions, full menus, and more
- Features ingredients that are fresh and flavorful, keeping with Jackie Newgent's "real foods" philosophy: nothing is artificial
Whether you're following a particular diet or just want a single go-to guide for nutritious family meals, 1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes is the ultimate resource.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
From that class I was inspired to buy her "1000 Low-Calorie Recipes" cook book. I also bought a copy for my sister. So far I've made the following from it:
Autmn parsnip puree
Caramelized red, white and yellow onion soup
Mushroom herb sauté
Miso dressed vegetables
Banana nut smoothie
100 calorie dark chocolate chip cookies
Ginger chicken , broccoli etc stir fry
Sticky Lebanese cinnamon chicken
Poblano corn soup
zesty lemon squares
Every single dish I've made, except one, has been incredibly good. I am a total believer in the talents of Jackie Newgent. By the way the one dish that I didn't like probably wasn't good because I changed the recipe so much. (I didn't have what I needed). Anyway, look at that list of stuff I've made so far!!!
The book is set up beautifully as well. It's easy to follow and it tells you all you need to know about the portions and calories, etc.
I am planning on taking more classes with her and cooking more from her book. So if you just need me to spell it out for you, if you are interested in cooking healthy and delicious than buy this book. Period.