Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 78 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on February 21, 2014
This book "10,000 Steps a Day" is good for the new walker. It is a little repetitive, but just tells you the facts about walking. It's a little pricey for what it is. You can control your weight if if if, you work your way up to 10,000 steps a day.
I have been into physical fitness all my life. I have also tried numerous workout programs over the years to improve my fitness level. Some of these include Work out of the day programs (WOW), various circuit programs, sport (Boxing, karate, and combatives) fitness programs, military (Green Beret, Ranger and SEAL workouts) fitness programs and many other fitness routines.

Even at my advanced age and medical issues I still workout every day in the pool. Since I am always looking for new fitness routines I purchased this book (10,000 Steps a Day to your optimal weight by Greg Isaacs), which also comes with a pedometer. This 257 page volume explains the program in great detail. There are 12 chapters covering the following areas: making the commitment, on your mark, get set, gear up, get moving, start losing, pick up the pace, mix it up, stay on track, warning: excess fat is harmful to your health, step it up and the finishing step. This last chapter shows various other exercises you can do to enhance the results of the 10,000 step program.

Even though the book claims that walking is a natural exercise it will still take a lot of effort to work up to that 10,000 steps a day goal. Nevertheless, if you follow the advice in this program you will get into great shape and be better able to control your weight. If you enjoy walking as an exercise you should check out this book. It has some great advice for anyone seeking a simple and effective workout program.

Rating: 4 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Co-Author: The Monadnock Defensive Tactics (MDTS) system).
on December 10, 2012
I have always been physically active but was having difficulty understanding why I was not losing weight, in my recent years. I start reading this book and monitoring my activity. I quickly discovered that I was not taking the necessary number of steps daily to lose weight. I am now averaging about 60,000 steps per week or walking agbout 30 miles per week. I can already feel a difference in my clothes, after only 2 weeks of consistent walking. I now find myself consciously walking/moving, when I use to stand around waiting for water to boil, talking on the phone, etc. It is amazing how you can add steps to your routine by t simply making the decision to get more active. Excellent resource for busy people!
on November 20, 2014
Simple. This is a simple book. Summarized (plot spoiler): if you burn more calories than you consume, you will loose weight and your health with improve.

As I read the book, I kept saying, "I know that." In very, very simple language the author explains the benefits of exercise and diet with a simple plan and approach. However, he reminds the reader that knowing is not the same a doing. I got it and am working on my plan.

A lost pound here and there, a bit of time added onto my life . . . yeah, I can justify the price of the book. Heck, it has pictures too.
on September 18, 2013
I've not noticed any real benefit other than a general mood improvement. I walk 10,000 steps or more for a minimum of 5 days a week. I'm also using my Fitbit to increase the number of stairs I climb, the distance I walk, calories burn, etc. Nothing.

I must say I still believe in this program. I think this is important for most Americans as our lifestyles have become more sedentary over the years. For that reason, I would recommend this program to anyone and everyone just to get us all out of our chairs.

This program is also good for anyone with a dog. Cesar Milan recommends walking with your dog for at least an hour each day as that is what dogs do in the wild. So walking is beneficial to both man and beast.

Regarding results, I will report back in a few weeks and let you know how I fare! Wish me luck!
on July 19, 2013
I have tested the principles of this book and found that they are true.
The book delivers its promises.
To take full advantage of the book, nonetheless, you will need a good pedometer (step counter) so you can track your steps every day. Although It seems challenging to walk 10,000 steps in a day, if you split your goal to different time of the days (I call those times 'walking time' opportunities) the goal becomes much easier to attain on a daily basis. If after consistently reaching your daily goal for a week or two and feel a bit tired, don't hasitate to take a repo for that day-it will help your muscles to relax and rebuild themselves to stronger ones.

Also, It is worth noting that Walking 10,000 does not just contribute to better health, it contributes to better mood, alleviating depression, stress and anxiety.

Stelios Nicolaou
Author of the book:
Depression: My Witness, Your Solution
(Five easy steps to reprogram your little inner voice and set your mind free)
on December 6, 2015
My chiropractor asked me to start tracking my steps earlier this year to make sure I was walking at least 15 minutes a day. I was sure that I was, and it was very gratifying to see that on a regular basis without trying very hard at all, get from 7000 to 10000 steps in each day. I had a paradigm shift when I began wearing my pedometer. Before, back tracking used to aggravate me but now I just say to myself, "More steps!" I bought this book to get some more ideas about how to get more steps and it definitely helped.
on May 14, 2015
A wonderful way to get your exercise and keep your record. I found out that you can also get credit on steps riding your bike if you attach the "fit" to the top of your shoe. I hit 10,000 a day only twice, but I keep trying. I'm usually in the 8,000 field. For an 82 year old, that's fine with me!
on January 11, 2015
GREAT BOOK!!! Learning a great deal. VERRY HAPPY WITH THE BOOK!!

It came with a "free" step pedometer, however it was TOTAL JUNK!!! Battery dead
and when took to battery store, found that pedometer wasn't operable even with
NEW battery. Went to website of pedometer manufacturer and found ALL comments
on pedometer were negative!! No wonder it was "free"!
on May 7, 2014
This is great reading and although I've read through it, I still keep it close by. The pedometer that came with it works great. I'm slowly building up to my 10,000 steps. I recommend this to anyone who hasn't exercised in a while and who needs a gentle way to get started. I'm doing on the average of about 4-5 thousand steps a day.