- Use promo code PRIMEBOOKS18 to save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOKS18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
1,000 Vegan Recipes (1,000 Recipes) Hardcover – October 5, 2009
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Special offers and product promotions
Whether you're a new to vegan cooking, a long-time vegan, or someone who is just trying to eat meatless meals a few times a week, this is the book for you. You will have a lifetime of recipes and inspiration.
These delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between, are cholesterol-free, low in saturated fat, and high in fiber and complex carbohydrates. You'll get crowd-pleasing appetizers and snacks like Mango-Avocado Spring Rolls and Savory Artichoke Squares and family favorites like Vegan Margarita Pizza and Baked Mac and Cheeze. Best of all, Robertson gives you an endless variety of recipes from a diverse range of cultures. There is something in this book for everyone's taste!
1,000 Vegan Recipes:
- Includes a "FAST" icon featuring quick and easy recipes that can be ready in 30 minutes or less
- Provides kid-friendly recipes to help you get your kids to eat more nutritious foods
- Offers detailed information and guidelines on ingredients substitutions, special nutritional concerns, and a handy list of important pantry staples
- Presents vegan alternatives to restaurant favorites with recipes such as Penne with Vodka-Spiked Tomato Sauce, Fajitas Without Borders, Cheezecake with Cranberry Drizzle, Vegan Tiramisu, and vegan ice creams, sorbets, and granitas
1,000 Vegan Recipes is for everyone who is interested in healthy and delicious eating that is also ethically, environmentally responsible.
Browse Recipe Excerpts from 1,000 Vegan Recipes
Ten Tips for Eating VeganGoing vegan has never been easier. Here are some tips to get started:
• Try one or two new vegan recipes a week to build your repertoire
• Replace meat in recipes with beans, seitan, tempeh, or tofu
• Eliminate dairy by using non-dairy alternatives such as soy or rice milk
• Enjoy vegetable dishes as entrees instead of side dishes
• Eat more whole grains and whole-grain pastas and cook large batches of beans and grains to use in a variety of recipes
• Explore ethnic cuisines in restaurants and experiment with them at home
• When eating in restaurants, confirm which dishes are vegan
• Stock your pantry and refrigerator with vegan ingredients to have on hand
• When grocery shopping, check labels for non-vegan ingredients
• Explore vegan cookbooks, websites, and blogs for more tips and recipes
From the Inside Flap
1,000 Vegan Recipes
Whether you are vegan (eating no meat, dairy, or other animal products) or are simply trying to add healthful variety to your daily meals, you know how tough it is to keep your home-cooked meals exciting and delicious. Eating well day-in and day-out requires inspiration and creativity in the kitchen. Now, respected vegan chef and cookbook author Robin Robertson presents 1,000 Vegan Recipesthe most comprehensive vegan cookbook everto help you meet that challenge and enjoy great food. Packed with recipes and ideas 1,000 Vegan Recipes is a perfect resource for every kitchen, vegan or nonvegan alike.
For twenty-five years, Robin has been writing about and practicing the art of preparing delectable vegetarian and vegan fare. From working as a chef, traveling around the country and the world, and listening to what her fans everywhere say they want to eat, Robin has gathered and tested an unparalleled collection of delightful, flavorful vegan dishes that can accommodate any occasionfrom quick weeknight meals to more elaborate special events. This is the ideal kitchen companion for practicing vegans, vegetarians who want to consume less dairy, or lactose-intolerant cooks in search of fresh ideas.
Special features help make the book eminently practical: if you're in a rush, a "FAST" icon helps you identify recipes that you can prepare in under thirty minutes. You'll also find nutrition guidance, cooking charts that show you how to build healthy, nutritious meals with a variety of protein sources beyond tofu and beans, plus more than twenty-five menus for perfect meal planning.
With 1,000 Vegan Recipes you get:
INTRIGUING SOUPS, SALADS, AND SIDES: Shiitake Mushroom Soup with Sake, Mango-Avocado Spring Rolls, Arugula and Apple Salad with Creamy Mustard Dressing, Caramelized Root Vegetables
CLASSIC SANDWICHES, BURGERS, AND PIZZA: Teriyaki Tofu Wraps, Falafel Sandwiches, Grilled Portobello Burgers, Vegan Margherita Pizza, Beer-Marinated Seitan Fajitas
SATISFYING PASTA AND NOODLE DISHES: Sicilian Penne with Tomatoes and Eggplant, Fettucine with Fresh Figs and Walnuts, Classic Tofu Lasagna, Pad Thai
MAIN DISHES FROM AROUND THE WORLD: Cajun-Style Tofu, Moroccan-Spiced Chickpea and Sweet Potato Stew, Tempeh and Vegetable Stir-Fry, Seitan Pot Roast, Green Bean and Mushroom Stroganoff
SCRUMPTIOUS BREADS AND PASTRIES: Lemon-Drenched Banana-Macadamia Bread, OrangeChocolate Chip Muffins, Caramelized Onion and Walnut Focaccia, Fennel-Scented Flax Crackers
DELECTABLE COOKIES, CAKES, AND SWEET TREATS: Double Chocolate Brownies, Triple Coconut Cheezcake, Apple and Pear Cobbler, Cherry Vanilla Nice Cream
Whether you're new to the vegan lifestyle, or simply looking for kitchen inspiration, 1,000 Vegan Recipes is the perfect cookbook for a lifetime of delicious, nutritious vegan dining.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now all that being said, these recipes are not going to blow your socks off. They are good, they are edible, but these recipes just aren't as tasty and flavorful as the ones I find in the rest of my cookbook collection. It's just what happens with this type of cookbook. There are simply too many recipes to give attention to.
This is still usually the cookbook I use through the week though.
I have made about 20 things from this book over the past six months, and not one of them disappointed me in the least. Robin Robertson makes some great recipes -- and I have full confidence to make her recipes without prior testing for friends or family. That's a pretty good endorsement, in my opinion.
If you only own two vegan cookbooks ever, make it this one and Veganomicon. That's all you need.