Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star). See all 190 reviews
on October 19, 2011
White flour? A cup of oil? Vegan margarine? White sugar? If those are things you like, then buy this book. If those are things you don't like, then don't. So far I haven't found one recipe up to my standards. I'm sure there are some, but I look in the index for the item that I have and then go to the pages the recipes are on and have come up empty. I wish I had noticed who the author was before I bought it. I have another book by Ms. Robertson and it's not that great either. If you want a healthier vegan cookbook your best bet is to go with Lindsay Nixon's Happy Herbivore. She publishes nutritional information on each of her recipes.
48 helpful votes
49 helpful votes
88 comments|Report abuse
on August 25, 2013
Reading the truffles recipe, I noticed the use of confectioners sugar, which along with some refined white sugars and even brown process, uses bone char in the refining process. Be cautious with these recipes for other "hidden" ingredients.
6 helpful votes