Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer
|Price:||$71.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stainless steel, dual basket, profry, professional style deep fryer in a handy at home size, 1800W Immersion element provides quick preheating & fast oil temperature recovery, big 3
- 5 lb food capacity for frying family sized batches in a hurry, Oblong shaped baskets are ideal for large pieces of fish or chicken
- Manufactured in China
- Oblong-shaped baskets ideal for frying large pieces of chicken or fish
- Adjustable thermostat with signal light that indicates when oil is ready for frying
- 12-cup food capacity
- Heating element and enameled pot remove for easy cleaning
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Kitchen Kapers|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Aluminum||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Of course, once the food gets frying there is plenty of movement in the oil to even out the temperature. And given the substantial amount of oil and the amount of power supplied by the unit's heating elements, I find that it does a much better, cleaner, and safer job of frying than I'd been experiencing on my gas stovetop with a deep pot. My experience has been that the temperature comes back up to the right level very quickly. The french fries, empanadas, and fried chicken I've cooked in it so far have come out great.
As some others have posted in reply to her review, it's possible that the thermostat in Ryan's unit was simply defective. For mine, it seems to be just right.
I have used the Presto Profry 3 times, frying shrimp, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes. Everything has cooked up nice and crisp with very little oily feeling or taste. This fryer comes with two half size baskets(about the same size as a basket in the smaller machines), but by going to the Presto web site I found out I could get a full size basket for it as well. I used the large basket when I fried the sweet potato fries and it allowed me to cook them without crowding them. The two smaller baskets allowed me to fry shrimp at the same time as mushrooms and bring them to the table at the same time.
I was little concerned about the size of this appliance, but it does not take up much more space than other smaller capacity fryers. Based on how I will use this, I decided larger would be better. I will not be frying all that often, it will be mostly be used when I have the family over for get-togethers. When I looked at the smaller fryers it was clear that they just would not hold enough to be efficient for a group(4-6 people). And if I am going to all the trouble of frying, I don't want to just fry a little bit(for just my husband and I).Read more ›
1) Looks Good: She says it's a bit big for the kitchen counter but since it looks good so thats okay. (I guess she was expecting a smaller one from me but this is the one I picked based on ratings).
2) Works Well: She was very excited the day she made chicken wings and fries in it together. She said the fries came out crisp and were done in less than 2 minutes. There was no excess oil on fries either. The chicken wings took abot 8 minutes but they were some of the best chicken wings we've had. They were crisp and not oily.
3) Power cord is too short (2 ft): It might be an issue for some people but it wasn't a big deal for her because we have plenty of power outlets around the kitchen counters but she still mentioned it anyway.
Personally, I loved the price. I was expecting to pay a couple of hundred for something like this but for $70 it's a bargain.
This unit cleans easily. You can put the oil pan, the lid, the heating element and the baskets in the dishwasher, if your dishwasher is big enough. Otherwise you will have to wash the oil pan yourself.
The lid allows you lower and raise the baskets with the lid closed. This helps keep hot oil from getting splattered when you are moving the baskets or lowering something wet into the oil.
This was a very decent buy. I'm hoping to get many years of good use out of it.
I had a burger fest on a weekend so I decided to try frying about 10 KG of fries on a Sunday.
The frier worked great, but sometimes the temperature was not enough when frying 1KG at once on the 2 baskets.
After looking on how the temperature sensors are secured, I decided to try modifying the fryer.
It seems that the sensors are perfectly calibrated for the temperatures on the dial. However, this sensors are attached with a metal plate directly to the heating element, so what the fryer actually reads its an average from the Oil temp and the heating element temp.
Removing the supporting plate and 2 screws that hold the sensors, allows the fryer to correctly read the Oil's Temp.
After doing this, the Presto Profry will get up to 390F as peaking point, and work at an average of 370F on the 375 on the Dial. 365 Peak and 350F average on the 350F ,and so on. The fryer will work perfectly after that. (Look at the pictures with the Thermometer @Customer Images)
I rate the fryer a 4, since this is a little design flaw, and also because it does not have an oil filtering system like other fryers.
Other than that, and after the mod, this is a SUPERB Fryer for only $69.99
I higly recommend using Palm Oil, High Smoke Point Peanut Oil, Soy Oil+Palm Olein. Do not use Canola, Olive, Sunflower or other Higly Monosaturated oils as this have low smoke points and will be health dangerous at any temp higher than 350F.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These were purchased for a concession stand at a softball field. We use them for chicken nuggets and french fries. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Shannon Sanders
Never got hot enough no matter how often we stirred the grease. A wok or deep pan works better. Vendor was amazing a and took back the return.Published 15 days ago by Allison39
Its easy to use and then I can totally like fry anything that fits on this thingPublished 2 months ago by Joseph Hiatt