Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 17, 2017
This book feels very honest and reflective. You don't doubt that Ms. Kampusch has wrestled with her demons and laid them bare for the reader. It is sad to read about cruelly she was treated by her captor, and impressive to read about her courage and fortitude to keep herself going for years, and even to resist her captor at times. It is very touching when she writes about having to seek his attention and affection, because she needed those things to stay sane. I wish she would have also described the basics of their sexual relationship, as that was obviously a key part of their interaction and a main reason she was abducted. But you have to respect her desire for privacy. I hope Ms. Kampusch creates a happy life for herself now that she is free. I hope she finds a good relationship with a loving man, so she'll have an intense positive experience to counter the intense negative experience she had with Priklopil.
on October 28, 2017
And I mean UNBELIEVABLE, this is quite a story, however, some of the cruelty of this fragile, undernourished young lady, beaten so savagely that it is inconceivable that she could survive and be strong enough to do construction work on a flat that had to be 'gutted ' which takes the strength of very able bodied human beings. Common sense just wouldn't let me imagine this part of this great book. Believe me, I had to read every page because most of it is riveting and believable.......I also wanted a much greater reunion when she was united with her loved ones after almost 8 years of not knowing where she was or IF SHE was ........Natasvha , you are absolutely one of the greatest human beings I have ever read about , and would count myself lucky to meet you, shake your hand and embrace you. Natasha I trust you will have a very happy and loving family of your own soon. Much love!!
on November 6, 2017
Natasha Kampusch is not a “standart victim”. She is though. She doesnt want to play a poor, helpless victim role and ı respect that. People should understand that everyone sees a situation differently And reacts differently . I think that Natasha Kampusch is capable of seeing the good and the bad at the same time. And ı think she is an honest and brave person. İn the beginning of the book İ felt sorry for her but at the end of it İ respected her.
on November 1, 2017
such a tragic story. what a strong-willed girl. i completely understand where she was coming from to be in a prison in your own mind. it really is a must read. so happy she was able to overcome & get free on her own.
on November 2, 2016
I found this book to be extremely hard to reach at times. I was amazed at her resolve. I have to admit I couldn't have been as forgiving as she was. I'm glad, for her sake, that he did commit suicide die. I just had one question after reading her book. Was his mother who came to visit every weekend still alive and did she make any statements?
2 helpful votes
on November 19, 2016
At times it kind of seemed to be repetitive...but of course, her life in captivity was repetitive as well as her thoughts. It was a good read. Reaffirmed my belief in the resiliency of children and the will to survive.
on July 19, 2017
This book is an excellent read. Natascha's imprisonment defies comprehension. I found the first few chapters a little slow but from there, the book springs to life and becomes a riveting account of this woman's living nightmare. She shares her story with a transparency and self surety that belies the insecurity and self doubt she wrestled with during her imprisonment.
on March 23, 2017
Good book. I really enjoyed it and recommend to anyone. Will make you cry, have tissue ready!! Have a box on hand.
on July 8, 2014
I could not put Natascha's story down for a minute. I greatly admire her amazing stamina to live and her incredible courage to get through her unspeakable ordeal alive. I could not believe the mental strength that it took her, considering all of the eight years of horrific constant torture by her kidnapper, not to break down and die. It is really very hard to believe that this girl survived.
I think that everyone could benefit from reading 3,000 Days in Captivity and see that a human being can survive against all odds, when there is tremendous courage and hope.
2 helpful votes
on March 22, 2015
The beatings this young lady had to endure are horrible; the verbal abuse was just as bad! While she doesnt discuss in detail the sexual assaults she went thru, one can be certain they occurred. Her escape saved her life
3 helpful votes