Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 1,244 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,285 reviews
on July 31, 2014
What good is a one-foot extension cord? These days, it seems like half of what we buy comes with a transformer box with a plug built in. You plug it into a surge strip, and it takes up two or three outlets. I'm looking at three such culprits right now. A Powerex charger for 8 AA/AAA batteries, two Canon camera battery chargers (between the two of them, they use five outlets!), and the power supply for an external hard drive. Three other chargers each take up a minimum of two outlets.

That's what's good about a one foot extension cord. And these are 3-prong grounded cords, so they work with anything. Now my 7-outlet surge protector can support seven devices.
on October 18, 2013
I have a work bench with numerous types of electronics equipment on it. I currently have a total of 18 electrical outlets available on the bench and about 6 wall-wart transformers that like to take up 3+ outlets each.

With these short extension cords, I can position the wall-wart out of the way and just use one outlet per transformer. This leaves 12 outlets for the power supplies, hubs, routers, bridges, switches, drives, soldering iron, scanner, laptop, etc. that take up the rest of my work bench.

When I first saw them, I thought they were a solution waiting for a problem, but I see now that they are a great solution to a problem I already had.
on July 12, 2013
My items arrived yesterday, so I cannot speak in depth about durability, but it is just a very short grounded extension cord. What moving parts are there to wear out?

Let's just get down to business here. The reason I am even bothering posting a review here of extension cords is in response to those that say they got ones with say PC type ends. I wanted readers to know, at least in my case, they shipped 2 boxes of 5 each, and every single one of my cords has a standard US 15 amp grounded male and female ends. The item description is a bit confusing though. It says 12" which I assumed was overall length. That is incorrect. The cable length between the ends on mine is 12", the ends themselves add another approximately 3".

I plan on using these with a rack mounted PDU to allow me to plug in the fat "wall wart" type of transformers for some small switches, a router, cable modem, and NAS disk for my training lab. The length of these is ideal for that function.

In testing, the few that I have taken out of the box and connected seem to work fine.

They solve a stupid problem of lazy industrial design for computer network items. A pity I need them. If network gear designers would just integrate the power supplies to their devices, none of this would be neccesary...
on September 13, 2015
Four of the five cables work great. The other one doesn't. I can't plug anything into it. When I look down into the plug, I can see that there's some extra plastic in the way. I'm not going to return it, though. Too much trouble for a $2 item. (~$10 for 5, so one of them = about $2) Now, if the vendor wants to send me a replacement, I'll happily change my review.
on July 16, 2015
These do exactly what you'd expect. Perfect for using a surge protector with the large "block" plugs that normally take up 2-3 of the outlets. The 5 pack allowed me to add in the electrical plugs that I needed with a couple left over for when I (inevitably) run into this same issue in the future. Hopefully I can still find the extras when I need them!
on July 22, 2015
A lot of the phone and device chargers are larger than the spacing on a power strip. These allow me to plug them into tight spaces, while having the convenience of a single power switch to turn the whole collection off when nothing is charging. I ended up buying 2 sets of these, because the extension seems to stay with the power supply. Always useful.
on November 28, 2014
So handy if you have lots of those large wall transformers that hog space on the wall outlet or power strip. These are three wire so they fit almost any '3 hole' wall plate. It may not look fancy or organized but neither do all those wall transformers.

I remember the days 'before' wall warts and the power supply would be built into the appliance with just a small power plug.
on December 5, 2015
Love these. We have a tiny camper and the kitchen outlets are not exactly in the right place. We attach these to our crockpots, electric skillet, coffee maker and toaster over and everything now reaches the outlets. Perfect solution. I specifically chose these because they are UL Listed. Nice quality.
on July 1, 2014
There isn't much to say. These are the world's shortest extension cords, but that's kind of the point. I used a few for some wall/floor outlets where the angle just wasn't right to plug some bulky adapters in. They can also be used to save space where AC wall-warts are hogging space on a power strip or wall/floor outlet. Great buy, great product, great price.
on December 30, 2016
These are just what I was looking for for a reasonable price. They free up the space on your power strip from the "wall warts" so that you can have more than 2-3 things plugged into it, like god and our founding fathers intended.