10.2 oz. Counter Assault Bear Deterrent
|Price:||$39.89 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$20.06 (33%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Spray reaches 12 to 32 feet and empties in approximately 9.2 sec
- Features a safety cap to help prevent accidental discharge
- Use with extreme caution if not used properly, it can disable the user, rather than the attacker
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
This 10.2 oz. Counter Assault Bear Deterrent is the hottest formula allowed by EPA at 2% capsaicin! Longest spray time and spray distance of 9.2 seconds; 32 ft. for 10.2 oz. This also features a glow-in-the-dark safety with safety tie to prevent loss of safety mechanism.
Style Name: With Holster
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
2) You can not take this on an airplane as either checked or carry-on.
3) If you are flying you might think about shipping it to your hotel, or just buying it at your location.
4) Bear spray is the most effective if you ever have a problem. A research project in Alaska tracked deterrents and found firearms only around 52% effective and bear spray over 90%.
5) They offer training sessions at some National Parks, which are worthwhile (check their Park Newspaper). In a nutshell they advise if being charged to 1st lay down a cloud of pepper spray the same way you would use a fire extinguisher in the 25-30 yard range. 2nd if the attack continues then aim for the face. Expect blow back from the spray which will make you feel blind as your eyes water and obstruct your breathing. So use your off hand to shield your face.
6) Many of the experienced people discourage the use of Bear Bells. The believe it creates a sound which attract curious bears.
7) The pepper spray never goes bad, but leaks around the seal can make it lose pressure. Weigh your bottle when new. Any significant drop in weight means there is a leak. I do leave my spray in my truck and have not had a problem even in warm summer Montana weather, but I wouldn't want to leave it in direct sun.
8) Groups of 4 or more adults in the back country have never had a bear attack.
9) Pepper is a food, and once sprayed has been known to attract animals a few days later.