Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on October 4, 2013
ANYTHING, and I really mean, anything that Sally Clarkson writes is like coming home to sit at the feet of one you love, admire, and LONG to learn from! Moms everywhere, myself included, are blessed that Sally has taken time to pour herself out into pages again. I KNOW you will be blessed and encouraged!!!
on October 10, 2013
"I am convinced that school no longer prepares students for the real world. The world has changed but our schools have not."--Isabella Adams, former Superintendent of Schools, Australia

When a student enters public school and really applies him- or herself to learn what is being taught, the school is implicitly contracting that the student will graduate "educated" and capable of entering the world to become a successful adult. But, is this what the school delivers? Or, are there other things---things not even offered in the public schools---that are more important for the child to be truly considered "educated"?

In school, a student learns information and, hopefully, he will remember it long enough to recall it for a test. Certainly he will remember what interests him. But, in my opinion, what will most definitely guarantee a child's future success is intentionally forming very specific habits in the child's life during the entire period of time the child is in your home. Without these life habits, all the information learned can still bring a person to failure while specific habits open doors for even those with lesser knowledge.

No sooner had I begun writing [a section in my book "What is an Educated Person?"] than I happened upon Sally Clarkson's book, "10 Gifts of Wisdom". I could not put it down and even had to stop writing until I finished. I wondered what more I could say after reading it! Sally's book is filled with wisdom and practical examples of how to "raise up a child in the way he [or she] should go". How strongly can I recommend this to you? By saying, "Every dollar you spend on curriculum will do less to prepare your child's future than what Sally shares on these pages."
on October 4, 2013
Rich in scripture and practical ways to love and live with vision for your children. Sally Clarkson is a wonderful mentor for mothers in all stages and raising children. In this ebook she shares stories, wisdom, scripture and practical advice for moms. She helps us to keep our eyes set on Jesus, His Word, and the big picture of motherhood, all while providing practical ways you can communicate these wisdom principles to your children. If you are feeling overwhelmed with motherhood, feeling like you are going and going without purpose and vision....read this book! Sally's words and God's truth will calm your heart and fill you with purpose and plan in your mission of motherhood!
on January 24, 2016
The idea is nice, and I know that the author loves Jesus and wants to help disciple young mothers. I just think the author and I have very different personalities. If you're type "A," detailed oriented and love lists and always having a plan this book is for you. If you're type "B" and not very good at planning and details you might find it overwhelming.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 10, 2014
Filled with practical examples of equipping your children with essential life skills, the type of things that make them able to have joy in trials, strength in times of trouble, and persevere in life. Gospel-centered advice, pointing your kids to Jesus, teaching them that their lives are meant to be shared with others, training them to serve others and share the gifts of the Spirit with others in their lives. Excellent!
on June 17, 2016
I would recommend this book to anyone with children, but especially to moms with young children who are just starting their parenting journey.
This book gives really helped me pull into focus how I wanted to raise my children, practical ideas and encouraging advice. I really feel I can implement many of Sally's ideas and raise my children in a focused on Christ way.
on February 10, 2018
Her books are so rich and so hard to put down. She writes as if she's your closest friend...eager to encourage and equip. I am so thankful for her and get books.
on October 5, 2013
Sally Clarkson's writing is always standing in the gap between the parent I am and the parent I want to be. The book is another example of practical tools and examples for realizing, in our families, the lofty ideals for Christian parenting that are touted in front of us but can seem unattainable on an ordinary day. Sally dares the reader to bring the Christian family inside the sanctity for which it was designed. It helps an average mom, like me, to set goals to sanctify our families so that each and every day of "the grind" can be set before the Lord as an offering for His Glory.
on September 28, 2014
I enjoyed this book because the author has several examples of how she implemented the wisdom she is passing to the reader.
on November 20, 2013
This book is good for any Christian parent looking for practical ways to help steer you down the parental road. I love the way it is simple and straight forward, and easy read but very thought provoking. It challenges me in so many ways, not to just be a better parent but a better person for my children.