Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 9, 2013
I get bored easily with workouts, so the 5-day mix works great for me. I'm not a fan of the Cardio Kickboxing segment (just not my thing), but the rest are great.

Amy is a good fitness personality. She's natural on camera and not annoying like some can be.

I'm a big fan of the 10-minute solutions because motivation is often a huge barrier. Even I can get myself to commit to just 10 minutes. Then once you get started, it's not so hard to just do another one. Even in just 10 minutes, she packs in a good workout. My first time through a couple of them, I had to pause for a quick rest. She also looks tired and sweaty as she leads you, so that's a good sign.

My one caution is regarding cardio. I love this mix mostly for strength and core training. I have yet to find a good, short video that really gives a good cardio workout. Granted I don't like the kickboxing. The interval workout does a decent job for cardio, but it still doesn't compare to something like running. Awhile after I got this DVD, my husband and I broke down and bought a used elliptical. There's just no competing with 10 minutes on that machine to keep the heart rate up.

Still, I use this DVD all the time in between elliptical workouts for variety and strength training. Of all the 10 minutes solutions I've tried (about 5 of them), this is the one I bought and like best.
5 people found this helpful
on April 19, 2013
This DVD has a very nice mix of different exercises to tone your entire body. The instructor is Amy Bento and she is very, VERY, effective! You'll need two 5-lb weights to workout. While all five 10-minute exercises (50 minutes in all) may seem difficult at first, the more you stick to it, the more you'll get used to it. I've had this DVD for a couple of months now but am only getting the hang of the cardio kickboxing part. That segment seems to have SOOOOO many movements that I wasn't getting it. But I kept at and kept at it, and now, it's one of my favorite routine. If you want to get your blood pumping, put on this DVD and start moving! As I said before, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Hang in there and don't give up. Eventually you'll get it and you'll look and feel GREAT!
4 people found this helpful
on June 23, 2012
There are times when I dont have time to do a full workout, but I want to do SOMETHING to feel like I still accomplished some meaningful activity. I was under the impression that this DVD would make a 10 minute workout seem to just as effective as a 20-30 minute workout. I've done all of the workouts and only the yoga and ab ones are decent- not the best, but they were OK; the rest are a pure waste of time. I understand that the it's suppose to be a 10 minute workout, but that doesn't mean that it has to be rushed. I'd rather do 5 meaningful intense moves than 15 rushed, sloppy ones that will have no benefit. The only good things I can say are that all of the workouts do include a warm up and a cool down, you have the ability to mix and match your own routine, and they stick to being very close to 10 minutes. Other than that, it was a disappointment.
8 people found this helpful
on February 19, 2012
I had the 10 Minute Solution - Target Toning for Beginnersand really love it. I thought I would add another 10 minute Solution to my routine just for some variety so I ordered the 10 Minute Solution: 5 Day Get Fit Mix. The 10 Minute Solution: 5 Day Get Fit Mix is truly not for me. The pace was too fast and the instructor, Amy Bento just adds moves as though everyone should already know the routine. I found her to be annoying and a little too hyped up for my taste.
10 people found this helpful
on February 27, 2016
Good exercises which get your heart rate up, which is good for fat burning. I only used once, as it flared up my old knee injury. I would advise taking care if you have injuries, but above that, to do a warm up and cool down to avoid injuries. I believe they are a great workouts, and good quality DVD which would justify 5 stars, but because I think caution is needed, especially if you are not in your 20's any more, make sure you warm up. I am a bit gutted it is not the right work out for me, but will be for plenty of others I am sure.
on January 3, 2017
I was doing these workouts on Xbox, but they stopped offering them so I purchased the DVD instead. I'm not a fitness fanatic but do like to stay toned, so these short workouts are perfect for me as a busy mom. My daughter loves to do them with me. I like to combine it with about 30 minutes of Zumba for cardio. My one star dock is because the DVD is an older format and doesn't look great on a widescreen TV.
on December 14, 2012
I ordered this workout video just to try, not really knowing what to expect. I am in fairly good shape, within my weight range, but have not worked out at all in the past year and wanted to just tone up. Well I love this video because there are 5 ten-minute workouts targeting different areas/objectives and you can do as few or as many workouts in whatever order you want. The pace of each workout is quick and easy to catch on to, and you really get right to business after some quick stretching. That I love. But don't let it fool you - I was sweating half way through the first 10 minutes. First day I did two of the workouts, and the next day my legs were pretty sore. And because the workouts are so easily customized to whatever mood you're in and how much time you have, it's easy to keep going and stick with it. I would definitely recommend this video.
One person found this helpful
on February 28, 2016
Very nice workouts a am getting back into working out, normally I just use the elliptical but I thought I would try something different and this defiantly works a different set of muscles
2 people found this helpful
on April 18, 2014
I know there are other popular videos out there, of which I have not tried, but find the routines on this dvd to be excellent. Amy leads you through exercises that aren't overly complicated and when you perfect the form through her suggestions, give quite a work out. I also appreciate that the warm up and cool down are incorporated. Our favorite is the ab workout but have tried all of them and plan to stack them as our time and fitness allow.

In my opinion this is an excellent value for doing something at home to improve your life. Definitely recommend.
3 people found this helpful
on August 5, 2015
I like to do a quick workout in the evening. Nothing too long and nothing too hard. I am just trying to stay healthy and I don't care about the rest. It took me a while to find a DVD with quick workouts and plenty of variety. This DVD is the best I've found for this. Amy Bento does a great job here.