- Series: The New Harbinger Ten Simple Solutions Series
- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: New Harbinger Publications; 1 edition (December 1, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1572244658
- ISBN-13: 978-1572244658
- Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 0.4 x 7.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 18 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #410,425 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
10 Simple Solutions to Worry: How to Calm Your Mind, Relax Your Body, and Reclaim Your Life (The New Harbinger Ten Simple Solutions Series) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Two anxiety experts team up to provide readers with these ten simple, engaging, proven-effective cognitive behavioral strategies to combat excessive worry, an energy-sapping condition that often leads to more serious anxiety-related problems.
Top customer reviews
The book is not just for people who worry. It is a must read for anyone that suffers from excessive stress or anxiety. This is not your typical useless "self-help" book that promises that reading it will reveal secrets that will give you an easy fix. Rather, it empowers the reader with useful knowledge and concrete examples and tools for how to learn to think and behave in ways which can result in a life free of excessive worry and stress. And as the book will teach you, this can very much be learned.
The book uses a two pronged approach:
1. Each chapter explains a concept regarding how we think or behave and how that thinking or behaving impacts worry and anxiety. Each is beautifully explained and as soon as I would have a question it was as if the authors anticipated it and answered it. I never found their handling of a subject to be less than crystal clear.
2. Each chapter than concludes with real world exercises and tools to help successfully understand the type of thinking and behaving addressed in the chapter, and gives insight into how to change them in a way that results in a happier life.
I'm normally a skeptic when it comes to most self-help books, but I can't recommend this book highly enough. It's a rare little gem.
Since I read it, I've been quick to buy (or recommend) it for anyone I know and care about that is struggling with anxiety.
I'm not a big buyer of books, but this is a good one to have around to remind yourself of how to prevent your anxious thinking from being your status quo.
Solutions can be introduced and practiced in session making clients far more likely to practice at home.
Most clients want simple, direct instructions to help them feel better.
This book offers it one step at a time.
Most recent customer reviews
Read the former instead.Read more