Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
100 Best Quick Gluten-Free Recipes (100 Best Recipes) Hardcover – October 14, 2014
|New from||Used from|
"Warlight" by Michael Ondaatje
A dramatic coming-of-age story set in the decade after World War II, "Warlight" is the mesmerizing new novel from the best-selling author of "The English Patient." Pre-order today
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes from 100 Best Quick Gluten-Free Recipes
Flourless cupcakes use ground nuts as the base and are extremely quick to assemble in a food processor. They also bake faster than standard-size cakes. Instead of the simple dusting of powdered sugar, you can top them as you like, with your favorite icing and decorations. These cupcakes are my go-to choice for gluten-free, dairy-free guests, but you can also use the batter for a 9-inch round cake (see the variation). Feel free to use the same amount of ground walnuts or pecans instead of the almonds, if you prefer. For best results, make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
Makes: 12 cupcakes | Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Baking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
1. Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-cup nonstick muffin pan (gray, not black) with liners.
2. Place the almond meal in a food processor. (If using whole almonds, grind the nuts to a fine, meal-like texture.) Add the brown sugar, cocoa, eggs, oil, vanilla, and salt and process for 30 to 40 seconds. Scrape down the side of the bowl with a spatula and process for another 30 seconds or until the mixture is thoroughly blended. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, using about 1/4 cup batter for each cupcake.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes for 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack, then transfer them to the wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Storage: Store leftovers at room temperature, tightly covered, for up to 3 days.
Per Cupcake: 390 calories; 10g protein; 31g total fat; 3g fiber; 22g carbohydrates; 62mg cholesterol; 117mg sodium
Layer Cake: Bake in a 9-inch nonstick springform pan (gray, not black) lined with parchment paper until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Gently run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake. Invert the cake onto a serving plate, discard the paper, and let the cake cool completely.
- 2 cups almond flour/meal or 2 cups whole almonds
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (use either natural or Dutch-processed)
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
About the Author
Carol Fenster is the author of ten gluten-free cookbooks including 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes, and the award-winning 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes. She is the former associate food editor at Living Without magazine, and her work has been published in the New York Times, Washington Post, Gluten-Free Living, and elsewhere.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have always enjoyed Carol Fensters gluten-free cookbooks, and she has come through again with another terrific book.
100 Best Quick Gluten-Free Recipes has so many quick and easy delicious gluten-free recipes to chose from. I can't wait to try her Cranberry-Orange Scones with Orange Glaze, her Buttermilk Biscuits and those yummy looking garlic bread sticks.
Adding photos throughout the book makes you really want to dig in and start cooking.
Marlisa Brown MS, RD, CDE, CDN
Gluten Free Author and blogger of glutenfreeez.com