- File Size: 29689 KB
- Print Length: 266 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0307951529
- Publisher: Crown Business; 1 edition (May 8, 2012)
- Publication Date: May 8, 2012
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0067TGSOK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#15,781 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #12 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Starting a Business
- #12 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Small Business
- #14 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Career Guides
|Print List Price:||$24.00|
Save $11.01 (46%)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future Kindle Edition
|Length: 266 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The first hand accounts from people who knowingly, unknowingly, or who stumbled into entrepreneurship are fantastic. I am the type of person that enjoys a story with a lesson or example to it. These are a large part of the book. Also, the names, websites, and businesses are mentioned through out the book of these people so you too can explore what these people mentioned have done.
This is not a very heavy thick book that is difficult to read. It does challenge you with different ways to think and approach going your own way as a career or creating another source of income in addition to working for someone else.
Chris presents a much simpler paradigm for connecting the things we love with what the market wants and will pay top dollar for. The rest is about the how. The book battles the misconception of the complexities to start doing what you love and gives us "just enough" technical detail to get us past the start line, and racing forward without the baggage of unneccesary thinking and prep work. Thanks Chris. This book is full if great ideas, action templates and tools. I feel a surge of confidence in taking my ideas one step closer to the market now.
Another example of reinforcement that was appealing to me was the story of Naomi Dunford (page 181-182), the entrepreneur who had money she could not access. The writer explains in great details how she creatively used her ability to think and asked people she knew and was able to get someone to assist her to register for the class. This spoke volumes to me as the writer clearly reminded us to always tap into the financial and social contacts we have.
I believe this book will be valuable to all entrepreneurs whether they are students or not. It has inspired me to put my plans into action; I am going to keep my copy in my library, because I feel it has invaluable lessons to learn, and tips that I can implement as I pursue my own entrepreneurial goals. It is like having a workshop for entrepreneurs at I, can attend whenever I chose to, without the hefty price.
The book is very easy to read and offers all the information you need to get started founding your own venture. The ideas are concrete and as I said, practical. I'll be referring to the book frequently for advice, especially in the PR/promotions area.
The only critique I'd make is the book makes it seem (I think at least) that starting one of these ventures is easy. It's not really. Like any startup, it will take perseverance, pivoting, challenging one's beliefs about what they want to do (and why). But in the end, if you persevere, it's certainly worth it. And this book provides a lot of what you'll need to make it!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Business Culture > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Books > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > New Business Enterprises
- Books > Reference
- Books > Self-Help > Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship > Startups
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Small Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Starting a Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Career Guides
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help