Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on February 2, 2017
Steve Chandler is thee Greatest.....Time Warrior was the best thing that ever happened to me and every one of his books since have been simply amazing! Love it! Great packaging too and super fast shipping! Thank you very much
on July 15, 2013
The advice inside this book is presented extremely well. I didn't get the "I've heard this all before" feeling, and the tone is optimistic but realistic. Sometimes I'll read from it in the evening when I know I'm going to have a long day tomorrow. I even pulled it up on my iPod and read from it during a terribly depressing meeting once, and it helped me regroup and come at the issue from a different angle. Many thanks to the author.
on October 21, 2010
Whenever I see a book that uses a list format, I usually avoid it at all costs. While "10 Methods", "25 Steps", or in this case "100 Ways" are emotionally satisfying numbers and titles; the larger lists are often padded with variations on a central idea. Even worse is when you sense that some clear omissions have been made.

I really do enjoy the writing in this book, and that many of the ideas here are consistent to the values and ideas of Steve Chandler's earlier works. This book reads like an extended brainstorm session with simply worded maxims followed by a brief explanation and a real world example. Many of the concepts here aren't new to voracious self-help and leadership readers; but Chandler is successful in putting his own proprietary spin on familiar ideas. How and if these 100 ways relate to your working situation depends on your own ability to honestly assess your strengths and weaknesses; and to make peripheral connections between the words on the page and your own experiences. There's a good chance you are doing some of these steps without realizing it; and a good chance that a few of these will need some 'adjustment' before becoming a part of your leadership practices.

I have a few small quibbles with this book. The first thing is in the title. 100 WAYS is a little bit of an oversell. This is more like 100 IDEAS that can help you improve your leadership skills and overall results. My second quibble is that the book relies heavily on logical and emotional appeal without much statistical or factual evidence to support claims. Sometimes it seems like Chandler is trying so hard to inspire the reader that he goes for how things "ought to be" instead of cold, hard human nature. A third slight criticism is in the overall organization of ideas. It would be helpful if the book broke these tips into the categories of communication, modeling, and self-reflection areas at the minimum. This 'buffet-styled' book puts the BBQ sauce right next to the chocolate pudding which makes it challenging to integrate a lot of these ideas at once.

That said, this book is a quick and helpful read that should appeal to anyone who is in a position of leadership or aspires to get there someday. As a high school teacher, I can't get enough materials about motivation, and the results of implementing a few of these ideas into my teaching practice have been fairly positive. Time will tell if I can integrate more of these into my classroom, but with reflection and a little tinkering on my part... who knows?
on April 21, 2017
Can't go wrong with this book. It is always good for a business owner to have tools to motivate employees.
on February 22, 2012
After picking up this book (kindle eddition) I was able to immediately apply the concepts to motivating a team of 50 consultants to contribute more to internal initiatives and get them excited about the business, participate on team calls etc. This is without any real financial incentives or negative repercussions that would otherwise motivate them (I couldn't wait for HR to get their ducks in a row or I would never get anyting done - something else the book will teach you is how to get around organizational obstacles).

I gave it 4 out of 5 because some of the lessons are specific to a sales environment which may not apply across all functional groups and industries. Not sure why they couldn't officially make it about general management because 90% of the content can be used, and used effectively, by any manager, director or executive leader to get real results.

I recommend this book for anyone looking to grow into a leadership role as well. Very good advice on managing your own piece of the puzzle and growing it to increase your value in the organization, which will always lead to a promotion regardless of your level in the organization.
on October 30, 2016
Steve Chandler has been one of my favorite "motivators" for a very long time. There is always something of value in his books, and I never fail to use his materials in my work with my staff.
on April 14, 2017
great book
on September 13, 2016
Very good book to get you're mind right for leading others
on February 9, 2017
Great ideas!!!!
on July 22, 2016
This book was highly recommended to me and this is a great read. I highly recommend this book.