Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
1000 Best Baby Bargains (Complete Book of Baby Bargains: 1,000+ Best Ways to Save) Paperback – May 1, 2005
World Language Resources
A grammar-based approach to communicate in world languages with confidence. Sponsored by McGraw-Hill.Learn more.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I do think this book could have been shortened a little to maybe 850-900 ideas since some of these "bargains" are just practical things you would have thought of or done anyway. That's the reason I didn't give it five stars.
Overall, I think it's a great informative book for those who are trying to save a little money. I will reread this book again when pregnant.
called The Baby Rules-- it's a quirky fun read and now the book I buy my friends when they are about 8 months pregnant ready to give birth the first time!
1. Overpriced for something that can be quickly read in an hour or two. Especially since most of the info is available for FREE if you go to Planned Parenthood (re: WIC), your OB, or your hospital's FREE intro sessions (e.g. in California they will give you a First 5 kit with even more valuable local support resources).
2. Even many of the do-it-yourself suggestions are not novel. If you're into sewing, you couldn't possibly miss the baby sections of the pattern catalogs. If you're not already into sewing, now is probably not the time to start for most people given that there is a learning curve, shopping, raging hormones at play, and perhaps unrealistic expectations about how great the final product will look on your first try.
3. The safety suggestions lack explanation and completeness. It is even shallower than what you will find in the FREE parenting magazines at your doctor's office.
4. Some info is downright wrong. Reusing breastpumps is not recommended because some of them, like the super popular Medela Pump-In-Style is not a closed system and thus there are some parts, exposed to breastmilk, which cannot be replaced. The replacement tubing offered by some hospitals cost upward of $70 (so new but simpler pumps may be cheaper). You can find this info for FREE at retail websites or through Medela's own FREE literature that is handed out at hospitals.
5. Some of the recommendations, e.g.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a good book for new parents or parents to be. It has a lot of suggestions to get great buys.Published on January 8, 2014 by PJF
I bought this book as a baby shower gift. I had bought one for myself 5 years ago at a store and spent a whole lot more! The book arrived in perfect shape and it came early! Read morePublished on December 9, 2010 by tibbins24
A lot of the bargains are way more hassle than they are worth. Many suggestions don't even save money. Just more hassle.Published on June 28, 2010 by Lydia D. Jack
It's not too bad. There were a few helpful tips in there, but some of it was common sense and a lot of it you can find on online forums instead of buying the book. Read morePublished on September 14, 2009 by renomazdamom
As a mother of twins, this book has given me so many different ideas on how to save money with raising my two girls. Read morePublished on January 16, 2009 by Sorted Out
This book wasn't what I thought it was. Alot of the info in here is common sense and advise, but there is plenty of useful info reguarding free stuff and crafty ideas on how not to... Read morePublished on February 23, 2008 by A. sayers
My husband and I are on a tight budget right now and this book has been very helpful, especially for first-time parents. Read morePublished on December 28, 2007 by Meg
This book has a lot of good ideas, but the name does not exactly fit. For example, there are many safety tips included. Read morePublished on February 28, 2007 by E. Rowe
This book had so many great ideas and ways to save money on baby essentials, and also offered many helpful websites to visit. Read morePublished on November 18, 2006 by Emma Ray