Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc

Showing 21-30 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on February 25, 2015
This is a small book but it effectively reviews a few key issues regarding the Spanish language! Every section provided a terrific learning experience! Bien hecho!
on June 3, 2014
I purchased this book many years ago to help me with my Spanish and it contains a lot of excellent viewpoints on challenges that English speakers have when learning to speak and write correctly in Spanish.
on July 19, 2006
If you're serious about fluency, but don't have the opportunity to interact with hispanics, then this book will be a big help and get you ready for when you DO get those opportunities. I just wish it covered more slang. Also, material may be more or less relevant depending on the dialect of the country. There are so many ways to say things that there's no way one book could cover it all, but this one is as good an attempt as I've seen.
on July 7, 2014
Love this book. Refer to it all the time and continue to study. great for english speakers learning spanish. It clarifies so many things that just don't make sense in the english mind.
on January 6, 2014
I'm a first year teacher and have had this book since my high school days. It is an excellent resource for teachers to check their linguistic biases against the cultural and idiomatic realities of the Spanish Language.
on April 16, 2015
So far I love it you can use the book and the CDs that come with it , check before you buy cd are optional .
on January 30, 2010
This is a great reference to have if you are a student of Spanish. I keep it on my Kindle and review it often. These pitfalls are all very common for the English speaker learning Spanish. I am fairly fluent in Spanish, but I still find myself speaking Spanish with "English" patterns...so I found this review very helpful.
on April 17, 2013
This is an excellent book for intermediate non-native Spanish speakers. Although not absolutely correct for Mexico in all instances, it can steer you away from some embarrassing word usages. It is in my back pack whereever I go.
on April 23, 2014
It's not perfect, but my friends have it, too, so we're all on the same page. There are things I'd hoped to find that I didn't, but in all it's a helpful book.
on December 20, 2013
This was, and still is, a very useful tool for me and I would recommend it to any beginner in spanish.